Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
09 328i Limp Mode, misfire and codes PLEASE HELP!!

Just a little background . We bought this car for our daughter 2 months ago as a first car because we got an amazing deal on it. 2009 328i 215,000 miles. Car runs and drives (its actually been drove daily). But does need love, she wanted a BMW she could fix up. On the instrument cluster we have the following :

📌seatbelt light
📌Airbag light (pass airbag off light stays lit even if someone is in passenger seat, car has sports seats)
📌Exclamation point in parentheses (when you go through the menu it says inactive?)
📌Service Engine Soon light

I have one of the Bluetooth code readers and I use the obd doctor App on my laptop.

These are the codes that are popping up:

Misfire cylinder 3 - Changed coils and spark plugs , But will randomly say misfire on cylinder 1 or 3 it jumps back and
forth 🙄🤦🏼*♀️.
Before it went into limp mode it was reading the misfire codes 1 & 3 so we changed plugs and coils around but no change the car still ran rough and have same codes , we then were told it may be the injector leaking in to #1 cylinder which would explain the cat temp reading real high after driving for a little bit. I believe this is what put it in to limp mode . I was then told the vanos could be the cause so I took them out tried cleaning them still no change car is in limp mode does start but not able to press accelerator .

P0365
P2097
P1449
P2414
P0016
P0340
P2626
P2402
2D20
2A9A
P1449

Long story short I was driving the car to my dads today and the half shaded engine popped up . The car wouldn’t go , I pushed gas to the floor. Turned it off and back on and drove on . Once I got to my dads I cleaned the Vanos solenoids, no change cars still in limp mode and giving these codes now :

P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1)
P2097 - post catalyst fuel trim system too rich bank 1.
The half shaded engine has CCID 29.

CC- ID codes
167- reset clock
149- tpms
260- sunroof anti trap deactivated
97- multiple restraint system failure

Like I said I’m at a loss , I have tons of live data I will attach but no clue where to start. Like I told my daughter if I had my way it would be at junk yard lol.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: