Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Micro Power Module issue

I have a 2004 5 Series. The micro power module got wet and burnt out. My mechanic has replaced the MPM with a brand new part but his computer indicates that 5 control units aren't getting power. As a result my media centre, PDC, radio aren't working. He's not been able to resolve the problem. Any ideas of what he should be doing to correct the problem?
Old 03-16-2019, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My mechanic says it turns out that the radio was fried when the micro power module burnt out, despite the radio being protected by a fuse. My mechanic used another BMW radio and when he put that in, the media center displayed. Does that seem right or could there be another reason the media center isn't displaying? Grateful for any feedback. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Regarding the radio, what has been suggested is that it may be repairable. Grateful if anyone who has any insight in that regard, can share it. Many thanks.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: