Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

To Boxercup/RE: R1200ST Laser DP Fitment Problems

Can you please confirm the receipt of my email regarding the fitment problem that I am having with my R1200ST laser down pipes?
Regards, Afshin

Old 06-21-2007, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I purchased a Laser Duo-Tech Slip-on muffler (Item # J77.7024.l) and Laser down pipe (J87.7017) from Spiegler Performance Parts on December the 12th with invoice # 16618. After receiving it, I put it all the pieces together in my house and everything fit together according to the instructions provided. Next, I sent it out the down pipes and got them aluminum ceramic coated and once it came back, I put the pieces together in my house to see if everything fit. The beautiful ceramic coated all fit together so I disassembled it put it back in the box to install on my R1200ST after wintertime. I just tried to put the system on my motorcycle on 04-13-2007, a Saturday, with no luck. When I attached the down pipes on the motorcyle with the headers screws just snug the collectors point to the ground with the Y piece about two inches below the attachment to the slip on. I tested several other methods of putting attaching it with to no avail. So upon arrival and visual inspection the exhaust system appears in the correct configuration, but once you try to assemble it on the motorcycle it just does not sit in the right orientation.
Does anyone know if a custom exhaust shop with pipe bender can fix the fitment problem?
I was informed by Spiegler Performance Parts that laser has discontinued making DP for the R1200STÖ
And if send them back I have to take a hit in the Aluminum ceramic coating and then I am left with a laser slip that will probably fit other DP units from different manufactures.
The reason I opted to go with the laser system is because it has the crossover pipe and I have on my Rockster and just love the sound.
I just canít understand why laser cannot take my DP and bend back to the correct configuration-they have all the necessary machinery to do it.

Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone!
Afshin
Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Talk Less, Say More

Location: Moab Utah. Home of wierd red & orange radioactive stuff...
Garage
This is strange. Why a person with 2 posts would come here and air (obviously a grievance) regarding boxercup. Seems this should be on the Sport Touring board at a minimum if you are trying to stir things up.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

not sure he trying to stir things up. he is frustrated and looking for some help, that is all. in fact, i think we have met in person at one of the dealers in our area. we all praise Robert for his help, even when people don't buy from him. cut him some slack.

repoe3
2004 R1100SBX
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
BMW Roundel They are not discontinued!

Greetings Afshin,

Thanks for your report.

They are not discontinued.

These sell like crazy! We have over 30 on backorder! LASER has delivered over 100 in the last few months.

The next run is already planned for July. We are out of stock and await our restocking from this next run.

This is a hot item as it is lightweight and it produces HP. Yes the crossover pipe's benefit does make touring a breeze. Plenty of low/mid range end torque! I know because I have this LASER full system on my R1200RT.

If there is a problem it is covered by LASER'S warranty and you must discuss this with your selling dealer so that it can be resolved.

I am surprised that it did not fit. Did you check all part numbers per the product sheet? Do you have the correct parts? We have sold many of these systems. However, in July you will be a happy camper (We will be also)! This LASER system is that good!

Thanks for your report.

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Last edited by boxercup; 06-21-2007 at 06:59 AM..
Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I am not here to give anyone a hard time- just looking for help or suggetions.
I thought Robert is an engineer that works for laser exhaust and that is why I directed my post to him- so chill out.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hello Robert,
My previous was post was directed to ckcarr b/c he is making assumptions for no reason.
I would like to go ahead and purchase the headers again but this time via you.
How would I go about initiating the order from you.
Warm Regards,
Afshin
Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
BMW Roundel We welcome all inquires!

Greetings Guys,

Per "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Nothing is perfect! We can only understand this and try!

However with feed back we can understand the end user's issues with our product. In this way we can assist and improve our products and services.

Be advised that this has already been reported to LASER Engineering.

Afshin, as I carry spares for all systems give me a call. Let us identify the problem and try to resolve it.

Please give me a call.

Repoe is right>Frustration<. It is RIDING TIME! We want to help. If it says LASER it is backed by Foster RAD!

As far as Mr. ckcarr, he is a valued customer and a valued member of this board as is Repoe. I appreciate their coming to our defense.

We will resolve this!

Best!

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Last edited by boxercup; 06-21-2007 at 07:18 AM..
Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Robert you donít how grateful I am to you! You just made my day by giving me this good news.
The dealer that I purchased my exhaust from had told that eight of the so number of the DP (part # J87.7017 [laser down pipe BMW R1200ST/RT 2004-Racing Only] that they made had fitment problems b/c BMW change the design of the bike and I just happened to get one of the bad ones.
Even though it is on backorder, I would like to go ahead and order from you ASAP.
Again, thank you so much for giving me the good news!
I already have the slip on the bike and it sound just incredible-just canít wait to see how it is going to sound with the DP.
Best, Afshin
Old 06-21-2007, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
BMW Roundel It is the PowerSource

Greetings Afshin,

Yes you will get a better sound..... no cat (Cork in the system)

MOST OF ALL THE DOWNPIPES ELIMINATE THE CAT AND ARE DESIGNED TO GIVE HP/TORQUE!

IT IS ALIVE

When you roll on the throttle in 6th gear at 55mph you will see!

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR REPORT!

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Last edited by boxercup; 06-21-2007 at 06:43 PM..
Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Dark Side of the Force...

Garage
Easy Killer. ..

'07 K1200S
'07 R1200S
Old 06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: