Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need help with Engine error codes

I am getting some misfire codes. I am just about to pull the valve covers and spark plugs tubes due to a pretty good oil leak on the right bank. I have new coils and plugs on the way and hope those will clear up my misfire codes. I pulled the codes again and have no idea what three of them are, figured the group would be able to clear it up.

Also on a similar point, twice when driving this a little hard, It did kinda of a stumble that rocked the engine a bit, obviously need some motor mounts. But when the engine stumbled and jerked pretty good it fell on its face. Full throttle wouldn't get more than about 1,100 rpm and it wouldn't even back up. It couldn't have been making 10HP. Shut the key off, tried it again, ran perfectly normal. Later that day, sort of did the same burp/stumble and fell on its face again. Turned it off, rebooted so to speak, restarted, and it's been running normal every since then. any idea's ?? Any connection to the following codes ?

The codes I am getting are:

P1501 Porsche fault code 403 DVE final stage signal implausible

P1505 Porsche fault code 404 DVE control range open circut

P1508 Porsche Fault code 408 Function monitoring torque comparison signal implausible

Thanks Alan.......
Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Al View Post
I am getting some misfire codes. I am just about to pull the valve covers and spark plugs tubes due to a pretty good oil leak on the right bank. I have new coils and plugs on the way and hope those will clear up my misfire codes. I pulled the codes again and have no idea what three of them are, figured the group would be able to clear it up.

Also on a similar point, twice when driving this a little hard, It did kinda of a stumble that rocked the engine a bit, obviously need some motor mounts. But when the engine stumbled and jerked pretty good it fell on its face. Full throttle wouldn't get more than about 1,100 rpm and it wouldn't even back up. It couldn't have been making 10HP. Shut the key off, tried it again, ran perfectly normal. Later that day, sort of did the same burp/stumble and fell on its face again. Turned it off, rebooted so to speak, restarted, and it's been running normal every since then. any idea's ?? Any connection to the following codes ?

The codes I am getting are:

P1501 Porsche fault code 403 DVE final stage signal implausible

P1505 Porsche fault code 404 DVE control range open circut

P1508 Porsche Fault code 408 Function monitoring torque comparison signal implausible

Thanks Alan.......
P1501 is for a faulty fuel pump relay, which is probably triggering the others.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: