Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Pre-qualified Porschefile

987 radio doesn't turn off

Hello. First post here (that I can remember). I have searched here and elsewhere and found many posts regarding the radio (OEM or aftermarket) not turning off with ignition on 986's. But I haven't really found anything on the 987's having the same problem. I am having the same issue on my '05 Boxster S. The radio will intermittently not turn off with the key out, and I have to disconnect and reconnect the battery each time. Pretty frustrating. I also am having what I had believed was an unrelated issue with the starter staying engaged for a second after engaging the flywheel. Could these in fact be related? I saw a video on YouTube by Ben Burner where he addressed the starter issue by taking apart, cleaning, lubricating, and reinstalling the starter. Regardless, my first instinct is to replace the ignition switch, but I'm not certain if that's the likely culprit. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
987 , radio