912 Geek

Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 1965
Make Porsche
Model 912 Coupe
Color light ivory (6404)
Packages Sometimes groceries...
History Delivered at the factory in early August 1965 to a GI who used it to tour Europe before shipping it home. I bought it in 1968 for $3,995; my payments were $127/mo (I was earning only $7K a year, so this was a lot of money). Driven a lot (140,000 mi), restored in 1988 by Bill Edwards in Colorado, won its concours class at three Parades. Currently used for embarrasing 911s in autocrosses, touring, and just having fun.
Exterior Removed front bumper guards, just as God and Ferry Porsche intended.

Interior Porsche factory rally/race seats, better seat belts, Nardi wood steering wheel, VDO oil pressure and temp gauges hung below dash, fire extinguisher.

Performance Upgrades Lowered, torsion bars replaced with 22mm front, 27mm rear; stock front and rear sway bars, Bilstein gas shocks; bigger 911 front brakes, removed front brake backing plates. No radio, minimal sound insulation, small battery.

Engine / Under the Hood Displacement increased to 1,720cc. Still has stock cam, carbs, original solid engine mount, snorkel air cleaners, original crank (knock on wood), and more. Bursch exhaust dates back to 1969. Engine and transmission rebuilt in 1988 by Pat Moyle, Denver.

Suspension See Performance Upgrades.

Wheels and Tires Still have original steelies with ancient 165x15 Michelins plus a set of 5-1/2-inch steel wheels with 185/70s, but mostly it rides on 7x15 Fuchs alloys with 205/55x15 BFG Sport tires, which shorten the gearing about eight percent.