Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

a/c inop

I have a 2011 mini cooper s with the n18 turbo charged engine. It has the automatic digital a/c system. The a/c blows air from the vents but not cold. The blower speeds can be changed, the vent positions changed, the a/c compressor is engaged and the radiator-condenser fan is on. The system is full of refrigerant. Recently evacuated and recharged after a engine replacement. It has a code 9c-90 a/c control module fault. Where is this module and how is it tested. The a/c worked prior to the engine replacement. I can't find any info about this code. Thanks. Hot in Louisiana
Old 07-14-2018, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Is your radiator cooling fan working in both modes (A/C on and A/C off with engine at operating temp)? Yes, they are tied together through the heating/cooling control panel. I would seriously look at picking up a heater/AC control head and swapping it out to confirm that your digital control head didnt take a dump.
I recently had an issue with my AC stopped working, but at the same time my cooling fan stopped working. I was more concerned about the potential of overheating. But what had happened was that I pulled the original radio out because it stopped working and replaced it with a used one. I ended up getting the Speedo, Radio and the Heater/AC control head in the deal.
In the process of unplugging the Heater/AC control head, I must have damaged a pin in the plug receptacle. After the change, I could get the inside fan to run, the AC light came on, but no cold air and I also noticed that my radiator cooling fan did not come on with the AC butting pushed and light on. Long story short - After reading the codes, yes there are codes that measure the interior heating and cooling system, I got curious and back-tracked. Pulling the dash back apart and moving the connectors around, I started to hear shutter noises that I was not hearing after the radio change. I swapped the heater/AC control head with the one I got used and everything works beautifully now, including my radiator cooling fan in both modes.
It may be cheaper for you to try and test another Heater/AC control than having a shop tell you your AC system is good but you need a new controller.
My 2 cents...

Last edited by 08&09R56coupes; 09-15-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: