Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
HELP! Error code worries

I have two error codes on my 2005 MCS.
1) The first one is P2098 which is a post cat long term lean condition bank 2
This error comes on with SES light. I can clear it, but it is hard coded in the ECU so comes back the next time the car is started
2) The second one is P1498 which is unmetered air passed the compressor. It comes and goes and always clears after the next start. It causes the EML to come on

The P2098 is a vacuum problem I think and the P1498 is a pressure problem after the compressor. Are these two errors related and why do they cause two different error lights

Any suggestions on how to fix both? My thought now is to replace the vacuum lines and rubber and plastic intake system, the intercooler boots, the MAP sensor and hose, the green supercharger gasket and anything else you can recommend.

Any help on this problem because I am tired of having lights on and losing gas mileage
Old 06-23-2019, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would recommend not driving this until you get it fixed. It sounds like it’s running lean, and on a forced induction car you can burn a hole in a piston if it’s running too lean. My 05 had the motor replaced by the previous owner for this.

If your EML light is on the only place it can really be leaking is at the IC boots. Check the vacuum lines under the IC especially the line running to the FPR the boots are bad about dry rot.

How is your fuel pressure?
Old 10-26-2019, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

SITUATION
"Service Engine Soon" light is illuminated. Fault code P1498 (Unmetered air after compressor) is stored in DME.
CAUSE
The plastic inlet duct at the supercharger has separated at the weld point, and is leaking.
PROCEDURE
On a customer complaint basis only, replace the inlet duct assembly, PN 17 51 1 524 439 with a new part. Measures to improve the quality of the plastic weld have been implemented.
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Defect Code Refer to KSD

Labor Operation: Refer to KSD

Labor Allowance: Refer to KSD
Old 10-26-2019, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I found that the IC had a small hole in it. I fixed it and now the error code has gone away. I do not think I can get the P2098 code to go away unless it is reset by a code reader capable of dreading hard codes.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: