Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

R56 Auto Trans - Gear Symbol Showing on Dash, In limp home mode (no gear shifting)

Trying to fix Auto Trans error showing with gear symbol on speedometer display. The Mini says in one low gear as a limp home mode.
Code from manipulating display with turn signal button shows CC-ID 420 (Electronic Transmission Control (EGS).
* Problem occurs after driving and sitting for a few hours then starting again.
* Sometimes problem goes away, but re-appears after running and sitting for a while.
* I checked the transmission level with the warmup, removing the plug, then adding a little fluid to let it drain and confirm proper level according to the level tube in the pan. On a side note, why was checking trans fluid level made so difficult - probably because of the BS Mini claim that its supposed never need checking and fluid is good forever.
* I Replaced valve body about a year ago due to hard shifting and Mini worked great after valve body replacement until recent problem described above.
* Changed out transmission electronic controller with a used one. No difference.
* Checked the cable connections going to transmissions for fluid leak by that I read is an issue where the fluid may short out connectors. Connections are dry and intact. I cleaned them anyways. No change.

I read where it may be a faulty transmission temperature sensor mounted in the valve body. Has anyone come across this issue. I am not finding guidance on how to replace the temperature sensor on the valve body. I hope I don't have to remove the valve body.
Thanks.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
auto trans , gear , limp home mode , r56