Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Back in the saddle again

running armband for cell phone for running/etc...

Anyone got one of these that they like?

Anyone tried one and now thinking, "I wish mine did/didn't do _____."

Have you tried wearing it on your forearm or the inside of your upper arm vs the outside of your upper arm like you usually see them? If so, how'd that work out?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I shouldn't need a phone to go running, whatever.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 08-24-2018, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I think I remember reading that it isnít good to have that extra unbalanced weight on a limb and it is better to attach a phone or iPod to your core.

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
least common denominator

Let me dig around, I have one I never used. Not sure if my wife ordered it for me or she double clicked when she ordered hers (that I never seem her wear).
Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwest View Post
I think I remember reading that it isnít good to have that extra unbalanced weight on a limb and it is better to attach a phone or iPod to your core.
Probably true, and I may not like it once I try it. Right now I'm slow enough that I don't think it'll matter that much.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Probably true, and I may not like it once I try it. Right now I'm slow enough that I don't think it'll matter that much.
I though it was more of an injury thing than a performance issue- body twisting slightly to compensate for the pendulum effect- donít take my memory as bible though, Iíve been wrong before!

Old 08-24-2018, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I put my iPod in the back pocket of my bike jersey- phone is much bigger, but might be an option for you?

Old 08-24-2018, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Probably use a modern watch, it will provide the information you need and with the headphones (wireless or not) you can answer phone calls, get your texts read, etc.

If you're running I would recommend a Garmin device. Its the Professional class of device to help you keep your heart rate and progress. Anything else is just a gadget compared to Garmin.

For runners check the Forerunner line of watches, for my workout style (anything that makes me move) I chose the Fenix watch.

Good for you that you're exercising!
Old 08-24-2018, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Probably use a modern watch, it will provide the information you need and with the headphones (wireless or not) you can answer phone calls, get your texts read, etc.

If you're running I would recommend a Garmin device. Its the Professional class of device to help you keep your heart rate and progress. Anything else is just a gadget compared to Garmin.

For runners check the Forerunner line of watches, for my workout style (anything that makes me move) I chose the Fenix watch.

Good for you that you're exercising!
The missus (8.5 years older than I am, in her 50s) has never been a runner and wanted to start training for something. SHe started saying "lets do a marathon". I told her that was a bit much for our 1st goal. Then she said 1/2 marathon. I said, "why don't we shoot for a 10k, and if we are able to surpass that, great, if not, then at least we've got the 10k which is nothing to sneeze at. I can run a 10k at about 10.5 min /mile. She's running 12min/miles and can run an hour, so a little shy, but I suspect she really could do the whole thing if we were on the course. We'll find out mid Sep.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Just back from Memorial. It's Africa hot out there and I'm ultra schweaty. I don't run with my phone, but if I did, I'd want the holder to be waterproof and washable....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainz01 View Post
Just back from Memorial. It's Africa hot out there and I'm ultra schweaty. I don't run with my phone, but if I did, I'd want the holder to be waterproof and washable....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I live about a mile away. We have a very nice treadmills that we run on instead of going outside this time of year. I have a heart rate monitor and a head band that I wear. I take them both into the shower after my run and wash them out there. Agreed, the thing would need to be washable.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: