Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Nice guy eddie

Garage
RIP Paul Allen

Great article here:

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen dies at 65; creative programmer was 'the idea man' - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-15-2018, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Just think of how different all of our lives would be today if not for him and Gates.
RIP Mr Allen.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
A Very avid aviation collector. R.I.P. Mr Allen.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
madcorgi

Very sad to hear this. As a local, I always admired the things Paul did with his money, which were many, varied, and often a lot of fun.

A giant who will be missed.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

What a great guy. RIP Paul.

8009 103rd pl ne Marysville Wa 98270
206 637 4071
Old 10-15-2018, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Douglas View Post
Just think of how different all of our lives would be today if not for him and Gates.
RIP Mr Allen.
+1

RIP Mr Allen.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Nice guy eddie

Garage
I met him once around 18 years ago when he threw a party in LA. It was at his house although I wasn’t clear whether he actually had a residence here or was just renting a mansion for a spell. Always thought of him as living in Seattle. I did not have a conversation w him but I remember that he seemed like a nice person. Pretty chill.

I’m sorry to hear of his passing, just thought I’d share that article because it’s very comprehensive for an obit.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Information Junky

Mercer Island. --His primary residence was Mercer Island, on Lake Washington, which borders Seattle.

He did so much for so many. Including people who design and build crazy James bond villain type infrastructure. His Flying Heritage collection is impressive too.

Sad to see him go. I had heard only a week or so ago that his cancer had returned. Sucks :-(
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Indeed, as early as 1977, Allen was telling Gates and other friends about his vision of a “wired world.” Writing in a trade magazine at the time, he predicted that the personal computer would become “the kind of thing that people carry with them, a companion that takes notes, does accounting, gives reminders, handles a thousand personal tasks.”
We are living in the world he made, for better and for worse.

A remarkable person from what I've read.

George, Architect
Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: