Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Where does one go to sell used parts these days?

I used to sell quite a bit on eBay but that seems to have gone to the Chinese spammers now. Craigslist is nothing but low-ballers and scammers. Facebook market place is a joke.

I need to sell a set of winter tires/wheels/TMPS from my MINI and have had zero luck. I've dropped my pricing as far as I think is remotely fair.

I'm out of ideas.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I’d try the Mini forums or boston craigslist (list for $100 over intended selling price - i’ve had success this way). I know you said you dont like craigslist or facebook marketplace but maybe a Mini facebook group like NEMO (New England Mini Owners) would work too.

PM me the details, I know a guy who is into minis and he has a lot of friends with those cars that are local. It’s a long shot but maybe one of those guys might be interested in your snow tires.

Last edited by RedBaron; 12-27-2018 at 04:26 AM..
Old 12-27-2018, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

Agree that CL is a pain, but for something like tires / wheels it's the only way to go as the cost of shipping anywhere past regional will exceed the price. Takes patience.
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 12-27-2018, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Have you considered Letgo? I had decent luck selling a few items there.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Offer up is another good one.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 12-27-2018, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

On some items (especially something like tires and wheels) I look at it this way: you either want them out of your way or you don't. Set your price with that premise in mind.

Unless you understand and acknowledge the lack of real-world value for used ones (unless there's something genuinely unique or special about them) and price them accordingly, tires/wheels are a tough sell. Too often, what a seller thinks is worth a grand ("These would cost you over $1,500 retail, and, by golly, I used them for only one season") the market says is worth about a third of that - sometimes more sometimes less.

_
By United States Marines.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Recreational Mechanic

Garage
For me, selling and buying Porsche and Corvair parts, I find that the forums are the best resource (such as Rennlist for Porsche) nowadays. I avoid Ebay and Craigslist anymore. I did sell one set of GT3 Euro seats using Facebook marketplace.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2018, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

The Mini FB group would be recommended or the Mini Forums

Old 12-27-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: