Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Groucho Marxist

Garage
The coolest video game EVAR

This is a pretty groovy rig this cat has. Needs to have the cue ball shaped wood shift knob though
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman
Old 02-13-2019, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
74 911Ebay

Bit deceiving.

Its a cool simulator, way better than my feedback wheel, but the camera seems to be mounted on their head, and gives the illusion of movement much more that the simulator is actually moving.
If you look just above the windshield, on the left you can use the window shade as a reference and on the right you can use the bookshelf as a reference.
Its his head that does most of the moving.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
He is leaning into the turn too much, ha. Would be good on a surround sound setup with nice beefy subwoofer. I like how solid the mount for his steering wheel looks. Monitors are cheap now too.
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman
Old 02-14-2019, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
Bit deceiving.

Its his head that does most of the moving.
Ha! You are right. I was completely sucked in by it.

I think you need additional game consoles to run the flanker screens.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Cool setup but it made me nauseous straight away. I reckon it's a lot like sex - more fun to participate than it is to spectate.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
They make force feed back chairs to, may be in use here.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

a.k.a. G-man

Garage
Very cool.
I would be car sick really quick.
Tried one of those VR setups once, could not complete a lap.
32C Member #41

1986 911 3.2 Carrera (not stock)
1974 911 2.7 9114102230 SOLD
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
This is a pretty groovy rig this cat has. Needs to have the cue ball shaped wood shift knob though
I have the G27 wheel with the H pattern shifter and they are pretty good, smooth and quiet. My previous had a sequential shifter which is nice for the newer cars but most new cars have paddles which the G27 has.

I also use TrackIR which tracks your head movements and translates that to the monitors. Much better for air combat sims than racing, but still helps check mirrors, someone coming up on your door, etc.

I have Asseto Corsa and Project cars. AC does better on multiple monitors and if the car has paddles you use the paddles and shifter if the car has a shifter and has much better mod support but PC does much better on the force feedback and to me the tire modeling is better.

Next step up is a set of 3 curved monitors instead of flat since the curved ones are reasonable now.

If I had the budget I would get a Samsung 32:9 46-48 inch curved monitor instead of a triple setup.

I think there are quite a few here that do iRacing as well.

This is the older version of my wheel but shows the TrackIR. (Not my video)

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
Ha! You are right. I was completely sucked in by it.

I think you need additional game consoles to run the flanker screens.
On a PC all the screens are controlled by the one PC.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: