Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Model Citizen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
I saw Hoyt Axton do it at Hootenanny night in Disneyland, early 60s.
There is a Utube but I don't know how to transfer them.
THAT would have been something to see and hear.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
I think we went on Monday nights in the summer and I think Hoyt was driving a green Porsche at the time.

Oh yeah, Trump won
Thank you Mr. Putin
Old 02-17-2019, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Odetta owns it
04 BMW R1150R
DanielJacobsLLC.com
Old 02-17-2019, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan J View Post
Odetta owns it
Yes
Old 02-17-2019, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PD41 View Post
How do you put a youtube video like yours above ?

Jump to 3:58 for Dicks jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37oj8h90smE
Here ya go......Dick Dale rules!

Great thread, Herr Oberst!
Old 02-17-2019, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
I would have seen him do that at the Rendezvous Ballroom in Newport Beach,

Oh yeah, Trump won
Thank you Mr. Putin
Old 02-17-2019, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Thanks for helping out and posting Dick Dale crushing it, Baz!, and thanks to everyone who's been pitchin' in!

Old 02-17-2019, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Old 02-17-2019, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Pelican Parts

Old 02-17-2019, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Old 02-17-2019, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Old 02-17-2019, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Sweet thread. Great song.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
I don’t like the ones who say “New Or Leens.” It’s hard to sell a story about the city if you can’t even come close to the colloquial way of pronouncing it’s name. Even Eric Burton the Brit tried for a little authenticity with, “New Awlins.”
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
I don’t like the ones who say “New Or Leens.” It’s hard to sell a story about the city if you can’t even come close to the colloquial way of pronouncing it’s name. Even Eric Burton the Brit tried for a little authenticity with, “New Awlins.”
(And don't even get Pat started about Baton Rouge!)

This guy has a great voice.....

Last edited by herr_oberst; 02-17-2019 at 08:15 PM..
Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

When I first heard this, I think it was on an album from about 2000, it sat me on me on my arse. (Its arranged on HOTRS).

These old gents keep shuffling off, sadly.

Pikkiwoki. A pig and all the coconuts you can carry. Convert now.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Skip to about 1:50 in. A little too much vocal masturbation but I can forgive that given her age and she sure has a low voice for such a young'un.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartj View Post

When I first heard this, I think it was on an album from about 2000, it sat me on me on my arse. (Its arranged on HOTRS).

These old gents keep shuffling off, sadly.
We did this in church a few years ago. When the guitar riff started a lot of people were cocking their heads wondering what was up. Then the words came.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Coffey View Post
For HOTRS, it's hard to beat The Animals
No kidding. Before this thread, I didn’t realize just how many truly bad covers of this song exist. Even when the vocalist doesn’t get too carried away with trying to reinvent it, the rest of the band manages to screw it up royally.

That 10-year-old girl has a great voice.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: