Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anyone watch Real Tool Reviews on youtube?

I fell down the rabbit hole of youtube and have watched a bunch of videos from Real Tool Reviews. Basically the guy compares single tools against each other, usually a Harbor Freight variety vs. Snap-on or another major brand.

IMO, he does a good job of being pretty methodical about the testing and mostly unbiased (I say mostly because he does question why some tools are so much more expensive than others)

This one especially caught my eye, the Icon (HF) torque wrench vs. a Snap-On. The fact that the Icon was as good or better in every test wasn't a huge surprise, its the fact that we aren't talking a price difference of 20-30%, it was more like 400%! I'll all for buying made in the USA products, but that just seems ludicrous?!? If I'm going to try to stay away from buying Chinese crap...shouldn't it actually be crap??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_O5U1Tyz8

Some of the other videos are worth a look too, like the impact guns.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
I watched one or two from RTR. Pretty dry.

I get all my tool reviews from AvE. Pretty entertaining.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yes, very dry, but I tend to prefer that for comparison videos usually.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: