Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
I misused the term "deployed." Should have said "used."

I'm not condoning any who choose to do something so idiotic. Just reacting to those who like to fantasize about using the military against our own people. Ya know, like at Ruby Ridge, Waco, and elsewhere.

Always works out swell.
Which military branch led the charge against Ruby Ridge or Waco?

ATF, FBI, local jurisdiction?
Old 07-16-2019, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Kent State. Forgot that one.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Kent State. Forgot that one.
Legit one. From 49 years ago.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Perhaps I should amend again to say "people in uniform shooting M16s or sniper rifles or incendiaries at American citizens." You are earnestly arguing what lawyers call a "distinction without a difference." Your goal is to demonstrate that because I used imprecise language, my opinion is somehow wrong. This seems to be how people argue these days--they seek to cloud the issue with irrelevant facts, or they lapse into pedantics. I get it--you win the internet. Good for you.

My opinion remains.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Information Junky

Everyone wants to find aliens in cages so they can post on FB their virtuous displeasure ..
Old 07-16-2019, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Perhaps I should amend again to say "people in uniform shooting M16s or sniper rifles or incendiaries at American citizens." You are earnestly arguing what lawyers call a "distinction without a difference." Your goal is to demonstrate that because I used imprecise language, my opinion is somehow wrong. This seems to be how people argue these days--they seek to cloud the issue with irrelevant facts, or they lapse into pedantics. I get it--you win the internet. Good for you.

My opinion remains.
I wasn't the one that claimed they were military operations.

Those operations were not on locked down military bases. If I busted through the gates at Ft Sill and refused to stop I would fully expect to end up a bloody and dead mess.

But that isn't going to happen because the entire deal is a fabrication. A joke.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
I wasn't the one that claimed they were military operations.

Those operations were not on locked down military bases. If I busted through the gates at Ft Sill and refused to stop I would fully expect to end up a bloody and dead mess.

But that isn't going to happen because the entire deal is a fabrication. A joke.
Hey--I already surrendered. You win. Hold your mouse up to your ear and hear the millions cheering you.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1154069/area-51-raid-event-facebook-where-is-area-51-aliens-ufo-2019

A man was shot dead at Area 51 in January after he attempting to enter the top secret military base – something which should come as a huge warning as hundreds prepare to “storm” the base.

On January 28, an unnamed man drove through a security checkpoint at Mercury, some 70 miles north of Las Vegas, as he attempted to get into Area 51.

A car chase quickly ensued for eight miles, when the suspect exited his car and approached Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) officers with a “cylindrical object” in hand, according to an NNSS statement.

The man failed to adhere to officers’ requests to stop, and was promptly shot dead at the scene.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey--I already surrendered. You win. Hold your mouse up to your ear and hear the millions cheering you.
No mouse. Tablet only
Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

This will be an outstanding training opportunity for Air Force security personnel in non-lethal crowd control techniques. Turned up to 11 of course.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

(and then suddenly another certain news story is quickly forgotten)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Quote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1154069/area-51-raid-event-facebook-where-is-area-51-aliens-ufo-2019

A man was shot dead at Area 51 in January after he attempting to enter the top secret military base – something which should come as a huge warning as hundreds prepare to “storm” the base.

On January 28, an unnamed man drove through a security checkpoint at Mercury, some 70 miles north of Las Vegas, as he attempted to get into Area 51.

A car chase quickly ensued for eight miles, when the suspect exited his car and approached Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) officers with a “cylindrical object” in hand, according to an NNSS statement.

The man failed to adhere to officers’ requests to stop, and was promptly shot dead at the scene.

A photograph of the man who was shot has just been released...

Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Lol
Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
they are only going to clap alien ass cheeks. shouldn't be a problem, sasquach might be a problem though.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
No mouse. Tablet only
Stone, no doubt.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

...On January 28, an unnamed man drove through a security checkpoint at Mercury, some 70 miles north of Las Vegas, as he attempted to get into Area 51...
I recall that there's a "Groom Lake" road that heads off NE(?) from near Sedan Crater, a long way from Mercury but on the common "tourist" route at the Nevada Test Site. Lore is that you just have to head a few miles down that road and you'll meet some very attentive gentlemen who, if you're lucky, will wish you a nice day once you turn around and GTFO. And that's if you're on site with all of the necessary papers and permissions.

Possibly being familiar with some of our nation's shenanigans out there in the desert, I can neither confirm nor deny that all the aliens got moved to Wright Patterson AFB.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Stone, no doubt.
It ain't gonna happen.

But I will play your game.

There would be miles of open terrain to cross. Tear gas would be used. Possibly from copters. If that failed rubber bullets or other non lethal method.

It ain't gonna happen.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
Fun Fact: You can report the FB group sponsoring this event as not being in compliance with the FB community standards. The reasons I chose when I reported the group are "suicide/self-injury" and "violence".
Old 07-16-2019, 10:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Run smooth, run fast

Quote:

This. ^

I've been following various aspects of the alien presence question and Area 51 lore since the mid-90's.

There used to be a way people could hike half a day and all night on private land and get to the top of a ridge and look at the base through binoculars from miles... many miles away.

But the gubmint has bought or seized all the land around the base now, installed all sorts of sensors everywhere that can detect anyone who might be tempted to try to crawl on their belly through the desert in the dark for a look... and no one will be getting anywhere close unless they're airborne... and even then, not close enough to see or find out anything.

If you'd like to dig around and look at some material by a guy that moved out there specifically to investigate and report his findings (Glenn Campbell, not the singer), this link will take you to the online newsletters he produced. Pretty fun stuff if you enjoy that sort of thing:

The Groom Lake Desert Rat

But anyway, if there are a group of morons dumb enough to try to overwhelm the perimeter with numbers, they better have "a good supply of body bags."

There's a reason all the signs have the last line printed in red.

Last edited by Heel n Toe; 07-16-2019 at 11:15 PM..
Old 07-16-2019, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanaudical View Post
Fun Fact: You can report the FB group sponsoring this event as not being in compliance with the FB community standards. The reasons I chose when I reported the group are "suicide/self-injury" and "violence".
I'm sure FB is already monitoring and getting ready to pull the plug. They just agreed to pay Uncle $5B to settle the FTC's beef relating to the Cambridge Analytica scandal. The last thing they need is some collection of crackpots attacking an Air Force base using their platform to organize.

Interesting new era ahead as FB, Google and the like are increasingly being responsible for the actual content posted on their "bulletin boards." Once private companies think they have to police the digital public square, weird stuff happens.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: