Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

VR flight sim

I've read thru the other FS thread: Flight Simulator X review

I couldn't find anything as it relates to the VR headset & flight sim programs. Maybe I simply missed that info....

If not, is anyone here running a good flight sim that ties in a VR headset with tracked controls?

I've read up on the boundless Dynamics & DCS simulators, and they look incredible.

~Chris

Old 06-11-2020, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I use DCS with an occulus rift to fly with my kids who are in El Paso Ft Irwin and one is local.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Been a fan of the Eagle Dynamics stuff from way back with LO:MAC (other than the stupid DRM for the disk) but I find I prefer to use TrackIR on three largeish monitors instead of a VR helmet simply because there is something about actually touching stuff. That said, with a proper HOTAS you don't have to move your hands much if you are doing combat sims.

If you like space stuff Elite Dangerous was written with VR specifically in mind.

X-Plane you can use the mouse to click everything, not sure if something like Occulus has a virtual mouse. You can try it for free, and it is the GA sim I would prefer.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
DCS World is free to start with as well.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

checking DCS out now.

pretty impressive.

I'd like to try it with a VR set up.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: