Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Man of Wealth and Taste

A Punch In The Nutz

In the following piece that I wrote on You Tube for a for a WLL Syncronika review vid, I dropped in a sentence that is the veritable punch in the nuts. Can anyone spot it and more over what it eludes to? I very consciously put words, sentences and phrases into my missives that work on a subconscious level. It is no accident, I know how and why they are effective emotional influences to get my point across. I am in a sense speaking to your subconscious mind rather than the conscious mind when I communicate.

Lets see how gud U Boyz really are?

Let me start this off by saying that the first and only espresso machine that I have ever bought was a Salvatore Semi that I purchased through WLL 18 years ago. Couple that with the Mazzer Mini, back in the day what I bought was about as good as it got in the prosumer category. Today while it is still no slouch, the high end category has evolved where machines are offering more nuances to finesse your beverage.

The first thing in my mind that I would be looking at when considering a high end machine is BUILD QUALITY and it's effect on the longevity of the machine without issue. When you are plunking down high end machine money you want durable and NOT DISPOSABLE. Then ease of maintenance would be factored in as well as USABLE features.. The first reason I am drawn to the Syncronika is the powder coated steel frame, that right there tells ya that the machine is durable. Meant to last. What made the Rolls Royce reputation was you didn't replace parts you rebuilt them.

What appeals to me about the Syncornika is the endless variety of settings that can bring out the nuances of the beverage it makes. You can tweek it anyway that your heart desires. First and foremost is the Flow Control valve..Most of the other settings once you get past the initial experimentation phase will be more or less permanently set. You will get it down. What the flow control does is offers you the ability to make the beverage that your heart desires to consume today.

Bottom line on all of the espresso machines is, does what it makes taste good. Is it pleasing. From my perspective I find it absurd to obsessively micro manage every shot that you make in the quest for the holy grail of the perfect shot. It does not exist as there as so many variables at play in the environment that effect outcome. Where even in a "clean room" a fly can get in to effect outcome. In that sense in the culinary .field in particular it becomes an art rather than a science. You experiences will build knowledge and a skill level. The Syncronika gives you ample room to build that skill set.

"Some Observer"
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I'm sorry. I don't spot it. You see, my conscious mind IS my Subconscious mind. Thus, your efforts are wasted on a mere mortal like myself.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Easy to spot.

Now let's see how good you are, Theo. To which phrase do I refer?

_
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

But the discerning palate requires proper experimentation to achieve the "holy grail of the perfect shot" !
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I am not talking about any hoodoo metaphysical stuff here Boyz. I am talking about a perfectly tangible and pragmatic memory bank reference which is targeted to a specific demographic of the popular imagination.

It akin to blowing a dog whistle. Superficially you hear nothing..the reference is buried in the subconscious memory, and there beneath the waves the current moves..The fact that most people don't get it says something about how aware they are. Nostatus caught it, and commented on it so long ago.

To those with an IQ over 125 or so I become very interesting, to those over 160 or so I become predictable. To people on the increasingly lower end of the scale think I am stupid.

BTW I can see my own predictability.

And no repeating the same theme over again is not a predictability because it is a constant reality. The conventions/nuances one uses to approach the theme becomes predictable.

People with very high IQ's operate on a plain with virtually endless possibilities and few constraints on the way that they coalesce information. One of the main stumbling blocks for all people are their unresolved issues which effects their perceptional mindsets. It shackles their thinking like Prometheus to the rock. It creates dead ends and road blocks in the cognitive process. Let alone how it colours perceptions and thus attitudes.

Very few people through out history have been able to quickly thread the eye of the needle of clarity to be able to distill down to the core elements of the reality of virtually any situation. It is called assessing the ground upon which you tread and be able to address the heart of the matter. To be able to distill the wheat from the chafe so to speak.

"Some Observer"

Last edited by tabs; Yesterday at 11:17 AM..
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Kantry Member

Tabs, before you build your ivory towers, you need a foundation.

In the second sentence you used the word "elude". I believe you meant to write "allude", but it evidently eluded you.

Best
Les
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

I guess you need an IQ of 125 (or 160?) to purposely make all those grammatical errors?
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Hey, I said you were a genius on the pen thread. I do believe there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

The last paragraph needs a lot of help....otherwise, not bad!

Last edited by stevej37; Yesterday at 11:14 AM..
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Looks like a lot of jibber jabber to me.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990C4S View Post
I guess you need an IQ of 125 (or 160?) to purposely make all those grammatical errors?
Right, I had a hard time finding his "punch in the nutz" because the errors were distracting. Is this supposed to be the geniuses version of the poorly written Nigerian scams?

The writing is all over the place. At times it is hard to tell if it's a positive review or a negative review or what the ultimate goal of the review is.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by svandamme View Post
Looks like a lot of jibber jabber to me.
LOL, thanks!
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
But the discerning palate requires proper experimentation to achieve the "holy grail of the perfect shot" !
The key would here is "proper." Which denotes careful and notated prep on a scientific level. Spoken like a true Geek.

Here one might note that the caffeine tweeker as a matter of their usage is prone to become ever more obsessed with the attainment of the perfect shot...

"Some Observer"
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Lots of snow Porsche away

Garage
To pat himself on the back, like every post he makes.
79 XS750 because one is just not enough
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordner View Post
Kudos to him if he can pat himself while getting punched in the nutz.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

who exactly IS this insufferable jack ass????????????
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990C4S View Post
Conformity is the bastion of the insipid mind. If that is the only level that you can engage me on, then you essentially are not engaging me at all..you are going to the default defensive fortress of conformity.

"Some Observer"
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordner View Post
I am reassessing myself...it is a process of redefinition. It has nothing to do with ego.

"Some Observer"
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Right, I had a hard time finding his "punch in the nutz" because the errors were distracting. Is this supposed to be the geniuses version of the poorly written Nigerian scams?

The writing is all over the place. At times it is hard to tell if it's a positive review or a negative review or what the ultimate goal of the review is.
You have got the scent...

I like the machine and for the amount of money it would be is the high end machine I would chose to buy today. It gives a lot of features to play around with and is well built. But I am not going to give up my long beloved Salvatore..so..

I don't need two expensive machines

and ingesting heavy doses of caffeine has health consequences.

"Some Observer"

Last edited by tabs; Yesterday at 12:32 PM..
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
It reminded me to take my flomax so thanks for that.

Last edited by Helix8; Yesterday at 12:02 PM..
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: