Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Carbona not glue

Garage
caught my first walleye tonight. it was in 1 foot of water. a big surprise on a 4'6" ultralite. thought the reel would pop right off the rod. fun!

Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)
Wandered off somewhere...

Garage
Pic show why they are called Wall Eye....seriously. They are the only fish that has a reflective liner (tapetum lucidum) behind the retina which is why the eye appears white. Nice fish, BTW

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon..Crush Orange
Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)
Carbona not glue

Garage
my 2nd walleye of the night...15 minutes later.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)
Carbona not glue

Garage
more walleye tonight

Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Double Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
Here are some of my family's recent adventures...

A Ladyfish my dad caught - that one was fun.

Most of these were caught in or around the duneden causeway in clearwater.
Looks like the skyway bridge in the back of some of those, along with the courtney Cam(broken key( bell ... causeway.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikester
Quote:
Originally Posted by targa911S View Post
Looks like the skyway bridge in the back of some of those, along with the courtney Cam(broken key( bell ... causeway.
You got it. Dad lives in Clearwater - so when I visit and the weather is good - we go fishing!

I heart Boobies
Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

9lbs 4 oz, catch and release.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
You got it. Dad lives in Clearwater - so when I visit and the weather is good - we go fishing!
Lived in Clwtr for 27 years. Next time you go, fish the far north end of honeymoon island. Early sring the taron can be caught from shore. (damn broken key
Old 07-20-2010, 02:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)
Carbona not glue

Garage
fall trout fishing lake ontario this morning

rainbow while catching rainbow yesterday

Last edited by ramonesfreak; 10-22-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Chunky Rainbow very nice.

One of me over 40 Years ago.
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)
Registered

Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)

Garage
Anglers with giant marlin lose race against clock, miss epic payday

It took only one day -- including nine minutes of sheer angst -- for the world's richest marlin-fishing competition to produce Hollywood-style drama and extreme disappointment.

Eight large marlin were weighed Wednesday, for considerable riches, during the first day of the three-day Bisbee's Black & Blue jackpot tournament off Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

But what does not show in the standings was by far the largest marlin, an 800-pound beast, that took five hours to land and was brought to the scale nine minutes past the 9 p.m. deadline, disqualifying a catch that would have netted a team from Texas more than $430,000.

What's more disappointing for Team Great Escape is that if no other team beats that weight during the remainder of the competition -- and marlin that large are rarely caught off Cabo San Lucas -- the catch would have been worth $1 million or more.

"I'm not in that good of shape. I should have worked out," Carl Riley, the angler who fought the blue marlin, told a Pisces Sportfishing representative during the late weigh-in. "I just want a massage and to go to bed."

The fishermen, who comprise one of 103 teams vying for more than $2 million in prize money, were aware that a 599-pound marlin, caught earlier Wednesday aboard the vessel Reelaxe, was the fish to beat when the 800-pounder struck a large lure being trolled behind the boat.

It was about 3 p.m. and the team was more than 20 miles north of Cabo in the Sea of Cortez. Time should not have been a factor but Riley and the crew did not count on the marlin dying at great depth during the fight.

Because the person fighting the fish cannot accept assistance from teammates, Riley was saddled with the task of reeling in 800 pounds of dead weight against an opposing current, and many times felt like giving up.

When the marlin was finally aboard, the team had only an hour to get back in the darkness. Word had spread of the giant marlin coming shore and about 1,000 people gathered around the dock-side scale.

"I spoke to the crew on the phone and was told, 'It's a really big fish -- 700 or 800 pounds,' " Tracy Ehrenberg, general manager of the Pisces fleet, said on the landing's blog.

Tournament director Wayne Bisbee was among those on the dock, official time piece in hand.

"We willed them to go faster and imagined we would see their lights at any second," wrote Ehrenberg, whose business charters the Great Escape. "But it was not to be. The 9 p.m. deadline came and the fish was disqualified. The boat came into view nine minutes after 9 to everybody's dismay... well, except the team that was now in first place."

That was the team aboard Reelaxe, who through late-morning Thursday was still in the overall lead. However, Team Great Escape at mid-morning Thursday boated a 430-pound marlin, which it hoped would hold as the largest of Day 2 and ensure it at least earns a slice of the Black & Blue pie.

The Bisbee's competition, which attracts anglers from around the world, is in its 30th year and famous for producing drama and controversy.

Epic battles between man and fish have raged long into the darkness. Accusations of cheating have flown, and because of the amount of money involved, winning teams must pass lie-detector tests to determine if all rules were followed. One of many classic stories involved an angler who failed the test, became belligerent and smashed the windows of the hotel that served as tournament headquarters.

First-place prize money varies from year to year, depending on the number of entries and how many side jackpots a winning team has entered. A record check of $2,162,035 was written to the winners in 2008.
73.5 911T Targa - long gone...
Founder ncPOG: nevada county Porsche Owners Group - est. 2005 w/150+ members
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)
Carbona not glue

Garage
nice brown trout from this morning
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)
Evil Genius

Garage
My Buddy Ken landing a big King Salmon in B.C canada, We use 10' 6" casting rods, 50 pound test line, bouncing a tuff of yarn on the bottom of the Vedder/Chilliwack River.

Ken's biggest fish couple years back was a 55 pounder, with the tail fin 14" tall. It's like trying to turn a freight train when you hook into these big fish in a small shallow river.

Wag more, bark less.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)
Carbona not glue

Garage
a rainbow from this morning

Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73

Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: