Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
espn's stuart scott diagnosed with cancer

after all the rumor and speculations surrounding the absence of stuart scott from espn's monday night football there was a press release stating after emergency appendectomy surgery they found cancer..he is supposed to return to the air this friday i know you either love him or hate him personally i find him tolerable,however i've heard he rubs people the wrong way sometimes.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

He's my favorite anchor with ESPN, because his delivery isn't as "hey look at me" like with the other anchors.

BTW: is it true Stuart Scott has a false eye?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
actually i heard that he got hit in the eye by a football while at jets training camp a few years back and had to have cornea surgery
Old 12-20-2007, 11:00 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
From Wiki:

Eye injury

In 2002, Scott had been invited to join in the New York Jets pre-season training camp by head coach Herm Edwards. He was struck in the eye by a football that was launched from a machine during receiver drills, and had to undergo corneal surgery.

Illness

According to ESPN, Stuart had an emergency appendectomy in Pittsburgh while covering the Pittsburgh vs. Miami Monday Night Football game, the surgery also discovered a malignancy that required an additional surgery to remove other infected tissue. He returned a month later, and will continue on-air during recommended preventative chemotherapy.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:01 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
That's too bad; I actually bump into him frequently in the Avon, CT. area. Come to think of it, he was in front of me in line at Starbucks about 3 weeks ago.
Black 2007 Porsche Cayman S (snappy nickname coming soon): Daily Driver (at least until winter!). Garnet Red 1986 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"/"Suicide Machine"):SOLD. Dark Silver 2009 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"):SOLD. Alpine White 1983 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf") :SOLD. Guards Red 1984 Porsche 944 :One-time parts car, SOLD.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: