Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Ancient Apple laptop worth anything?

I have an old, (1994), Apple 540c laptop that seems to work fine w/ power cord + an old Toshiba laptop that I got w/ some boxes of free stuff when I cleaned-out a friend's garage a while back.

Couple of questions: Are they worth anything, or should I just toss them? (Collector value)? I would not throw them in the trash, but take them to UCLA hazmat collection for electronics. I googled the 540c and it retailed for $4800.00 back in 1994!!

Talk about freaking depreciation! What's it worth now in perfect working condition? $50.00?

Just checking before I discard, I'd hate to find out after that it's like the first edition Air Jordans or something. TIA!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
540C not worth a ton.

I'd toss on fleabay for a couple of days.

Was a 68xxx processor so not worth keeping as a linux box
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
If you do find a venue for it, let me know. I've got a fantastic 520c sitting in my office. OS 7.4 IIRC.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I still have one of the very first Apple MacIntoshs ever made. Bought it in 1984, it was $2500 back then! (you could get a brand new GTI for $9K then). It still works perfectly! I was pimpin' in college with that in my dorm, and a BMW 320i in the parking lot.

Are those OG Macs worth anything these days?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: