Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Media Streaming Question

I am wanting to stream music (and potentially pictures and video) from my computer wirelessly to my AV Receiver and TV. I would also like to be able to do the same from my iPod Touch to the Receiver and TV.

So far, the only thing that I can find that does this is Apple TV. Is that right?

And then I assume I would still need a BluRay player (or internet ready TV) to be able to stream movies (i.e. Netflix) from the internet, right? Do I need both of these devices in order to meet my needs?

Thanks,

JA
Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
You can build a Myth box but Apple TV is cheap enough.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Un-Registered User

If you don't need HD, you can use these. I use them on my DJ system to transmit audio and video.
The computer does the streaming and the leapfrog does the transmitting.
Terk-Leapfrog-LF-30S

Last edited by Red88Carrera; 01-09-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Looks like that Leapfrog unit fits the bill, but since I can get Apple TV for $99, that might be a more streamlined approach. Does Apple TV do HD?

Lastly, I CANNOT do this with a BluRay, correct? I can only stream external (internet) media with a BluRay, not iTunes or videos that are stored on my computer hard-drive, right?

Thanks,

JA
Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Apple TV is a great device but remember - in order to stream (movies, pics or music) from your computer to the Apple TV, it must be streamed from iTunes so your movies must be in M4V format. It will also stream Netflix as well as let you rent movies.

One cool feature is the ability to stream your movies, music or pictures directly from your Ipod to the apple TV.

For 99 bucks, its a winner! Plus its the size of your hand!

Apple TV is 720p I believe.

2015 Audi S3
1988 Carrera Coupe (gone and miss her)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: