Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

dvor.com, experiences? Outdoor types.

Is anyone familiar w/dvor.com? it is a "membership" site...can someone tell me if prices seem fair/low/regular/high/or?

Thanks, looking to buy some stuff to keep at the house and just ran into the site, it looks like cool stuff but I have zero knowledge.

TIA.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Looks similar to The Clymb. Similar members only outdoor gear site. I've bought from the clymb, but they are SLOW, and their customer service sucks.

Not sure about this site though.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered Loser

I'm a member but haven't purchased anything yet. Prices seem ok, but certainly no "steals" or anything that I have seen.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
not as smart as I think

I purchased some product there. It was fine, a good price, but now I receive e-mails from them daily. Shipping can be high, but you can sometimes find free shipping codes online.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinhere View Post
Is anyone familiar w/dvor.com? it is a "membership" site...can someone tell me if prices seem fair/low/regular/high/or?

Thanks, looking to buy some stuff to keep at the house and just ran into the site, it looks like cool stuff but I have zero knowledge.

TIA.
It's just an off-shoot sales site from Optics Planet with the "uber-secret-club" aspect. Certainly no Earth-shattering deals/discounts from what I've seen, but I wouldn't be worried about their reputation. Just be sure to read their terms/conditions and take note of how they differ from the parent company. I've bought several items from Optics Planet with good results/service, but haven't had the need/desire to go over to their other (dvor.com) site. YMMV.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thank you for the replies.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: