Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

That's an add for a car in Ontario, and the plates clearly (see the back view) say Ontario. I'm guessing the scammer stole the photo too. Isn't there a way to see where a photo comes from online?

Old 05-18-2015, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Answered my own question. EXIF data, and there's none on the photo you uploaded or the photo on the ny cl ad.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered

Hey guys, just got home and want to get some sleep. As a quick reply in relation to the same car being listed in NY. Unfortunately, i didn't see that one but i believe that must be a true ad. The one i saw was listed somewhat cheaper but had most of the pics and even the description was an exact copy of this one. The only things missing were pictures of the back (probably because of the license plate which wouldn't have rang a bell with me to be honest) and the description part all after 'the vehicle is a canadian vehicle...'.

Apparently, scamming someone doesn't seem to be that hard. You buy a fake ID for a couple of hundred bucks on a corner of some street, open a bank account, copy some pics and a description of an ad of the internet and wait for someone to bite. Even if you succeed once a month, you're still richly payed for the work involved. Unfortunately, i have one thing which withholds me from doing the same thing: a conscience...

Last edited by Outlaw_singer; 05-19-2015 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-19-2015, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered

The Maestro's ABC's

So I post this book for sale, it weighs in at about six pounds, sending it abroad from the US is really expensive. A European buyer comes along, and I say, well, if you are willing to wait a bit, I'll carry it over there next time I go. (I am in Europe every three months or so). Great, do I want a PayPal deposit, no that's okay (whoops).

So I book a trip to Europe, send an email, I'm on my way. I get there, work for a couple of days, and I realize I'm still carting this package around and have no response. I'm stopping at a friend's company to work for a few days, so I send a message, still no response, about a week now, then I send another, which turned into a whole train below. All PM.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Buyer -

If you've changed your mind can you let me know? I'm going to be where I was going to send it from for the next couple of days, if you don't want it I don't want to strand it there.

Best regards,

Seller

Hi Seller,

sorry for the delay, it's been really busy lately...

No, I'll take it as I said. Do you have an idea yet how much shipping from the UK will be? Thanks!

(Edit, this was the only time postage from the UK was discussed).

Best regards,

Buyer
I had to delete a lot of my sent messages, mailbox was full, this went on for a long time, but I said shipping would be $10 from where book was.

No response for about a week. So I sent this-
Hi Buyer -

Any response at all would be greatly appreciated, I need to do something about this and I'm stuck until you reply. It took me less than a minute to sign in and write this, it doesn't take that much time and it's the right thing to do.

Best regards,

Seller
Hi Seller,

oh wow, i'm sorry i haven't responded to your message from last week. I read that while at work and intended to respond later that day but it must have slipped my mind. I've been realy busy lately and still behind on my to-do list. Our newborn baby must be part of the reason for that...
The bad news is that i sold my 912 last week. The car wasn't even for sale but a guy that had seen it on my driveway stopped at my house this weekend. He told me he was looking to buy a 66 912 (which mine was) so we talked a little and in the end, he bought the car from me. I miss it already but i guess that's part of the game. That leaves me without a 912 but i might buy one again some day, if the prices don't continue to climb like the last years.

I'm currently in a negative position on my account which is coupled with paypal so i have to look into paypal which i plan on doing tomorrow (that's one of the things on my to do list). I'll let you know when i've sorted it out.

Sorry once again for the delay, i had no intentions in keeping you on hold...

Best,

Buyer
Hi Buyer -

I so wish you would have just told me that you didn't want it, I would have just put it back in my bag, now I'm on the hook for postage back to me for.............trying to do something nice.

Best,

Seller
Seller,

i'm not sure how fast you want this over but i sent you two messages, the same day you sent me one but i haven't heard from you since?

Having said that, if it doesn't matter anymore to you, i would prefer not to take it now. The reason for this is that i got scammed over a 911SC last week and i could sure use all what is left of my money now.

Regards,

Buyer
Hi Buyer -

I thought you made it abundantly clear that you didn't want the book with your last missive, (edit, the baby and 912 one), since you could have sent a PayPal anytime, I sent my email address at least three times.

I felt like you were putting it on me to say, "that's okay. let's just forget it". I don't think that's fair to me in the least, I gave you outs twice which would have prevented all this, you didn't take me up on them, and I could tell that you had logged in to Pelican and just not responded.

So, here we are, now you are finally saying that you don't want it, which I had the gut feeling was the case while I was leaving the book, I should have listened to my gut.

It was going to cost $40 to ship it to Europe from here, I expect that it's the same the other way, I'm going to go ahead and ask my friend to send it back. I don't think it's right at all that I have to pay for that, on the other hand this has been the most frustrating experience I've had on Pelican, and I want it to be done. So you have my email address, if you want to pay for the shipping go ahead, if not don't.
Seller,

although i understand your frustration, i have to say that not all is as you believe.
My last messages weren't intended to have you say something. That almost sounds like i'm talking to my wife... They were meant to have the purchase price, shipping cost and paypal address confirmed since i didn't want any more misunderstandigs. And that although i had just sold my 912, i would still take the book because of the trouble you went through. Just exactly like i said. You may have sent your paypal before but was it so hard to say: "yes, that's exactly as we agreed on"?

And please don't try to make a point by saying: see, now you agree you don't want the book, just like i had a gut feeling. Sorry for my language, but that's just plain bull****! Take a look at the the thread i've started over in the off-topic discussion. Again, like i said, i got scammed last week. On friday it became clear that i had dealt with a scammer, leaving me without a porsche and without my 21500$. With my loss fresh in mind, yes, i decided to rather not take the book if that was okay with you but clearly it is not. On the other hand i don't want to be the other end in 'your most frustrating pelican experience' so yes, i'll pay for the shipping costs. But since i hate to pay for something without receiving anything again, i'll still take the damn book and will try to sell it to some other guy hopefully...

175$ whereto??
Well, there it is. My buyer is the OP here. There were no misunderstandings. He stated how much it was on his last post without my help, it was two numbers added together to my PayPal address which I gave three times, but that still isn't clear somehow. It is if you are actually going to use it. Or even of you are not.

So, I was told about a newborn, sold car, negative bank balance, but none of that was a prod to get me to say forget it, I'll take care of it. I have a low miles 911C to sell you if you believe that, it's in Texas or Canada or somewhere.

I do feel bad about him getting scammed, except that he told me that he had a negative bank balance and couldn't pay me but somehow figured out how to wire $21500 to a scammer.

So I'm done, I'll send my book back to myself and pay for it.

To add something constructive to this thread, this doesn't have to happen to anyone. I know a guy in Texas (the car scam started in Texas) who will go wherever you want to pick up a car for you, same with CA, same with Germany, England, Holland or wherever. All of the guys can be found here.

If you can't do it yourself pay someone. Someone you know or has references you can check......oh, I don't know, start here. Then research them further if you don't know them yourself. The only person here who I ever would have vouched for who went bad was Jason Cullen, if anyone wants to tell me his story PM me, it seems to be a taboo subject.

I have four Porsches at the moment, I saw only one of them before I bought it. I have done this, several times. The ones I bought without seeing came from out of state, the one that happened to be Texas I paid someone I knew to go get it and bring it back to his shop.

Scammers are getting really good, I read of one that had a fake PPI done at a non existent shop. Eventually I suppose having someone take possession of it for you will be a problem too.

Buyer, I would move this or post it again to the for sale/wanted section, you'll get a lot more traffic and some advice from people who have been through this. The Craigslist ads for "your" car look a lot like the ones from the guy who did the fake PPI shop.

In the end, I am sorry for your loss, it dwarfs mine,

Last edited by 88cs; 05-20-2015 at 01:45 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 12:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Registered

It took me a long time to figure that out. Small world...
Old 05-20-2015, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88cs View Post
The Maestro's ABC's
Wow, it's a bit sad to see this show up here. Especially since i'm the one that pointed you in this direction. Reason for doing so is because you explicitly told me you had the feeling I was backing out of what we agreed on at first and I just wanted to make clear I was not making up stories. Apparently you have the need to post the issues we had out here, although I believe our situation is completely different from the one I'm having with the thread I've started.

My biggest issue with this is that you're not telling the whole story. If you decide to come out with a story, than at least do so with the complete, correct story and not just the part fitting your story...

First off, you didn't say you were heading to Europe every 3 months, you said February which is 2 months. In the end you got to Europe in 4 and a half months... (a bit of being precise because it bother's me since you came out here, trying to put the complete blame on me and you're not telling it how it all happened)

Second, when you said you were going to Europe I responded after 4 days, not a week as you say.

Third, now all of a sudden you tell me you had to delete a lot of sent messages? This didn't go on for a long time as you say, there were exactly two message sent, the first one day after the one where I asked for the shipping and that was you responding it would be around 10$ (april 23rd). The second was exactly one day before where you pick up again saying you were back in the US but left the book in the UK (May 3rd).

Forth, you leave out the two message which I've sent you the same day you reach out to me on May 12th. Why, don't they fit your story??? Here they are once again!
Same day, May 12th 15: since I notice he’s pretty upset with this situation I reach out the same day and send him the following: “apologies won't help you much but I truly am sorry. I have so many things going on right now, of which some are troubles and the others are even bigger troubles. Not your problem, I know...
I don't want to bother you with it anymore, so i'll paypal you the money today. It was 150$ + 10$ postage, correct? What was your paypal once again? Is it emailaddress@email.com?”
Excuse me, it'll be done today!
Same day, May 12th 15: because I’m about to go to bed without having heard from him I reach out again: Mark, can you confirm the amount and your paypal email for me? I don't want the money to end up somewhere else. (I was just asking as a confirmation because I wasn’t sure anymore and I just would like to have the complete amount and paypal address confirmed. A normal ‘yes, correct’ would have done the trick.)

No answer from you for about a week at this point!

Next up, after I reached out once again after not hearing from you for a week, you make assumptions that I was trying to make you say things? I only said that if it actually didn't matter anymore to you, i would prefer not to take it because of what I just went through. It was more of a question towards you than a direct way of saying I wouldn't. It is very likely you see me logged in a lot here on the pelican. Reason for this is that I have my desktop on all the time when i'm home and during the weekend and I always have a tab open for pelicanparts. That doesn't mean i'm actually reading here at every single moment.

In relation to your last message to me, you say there weren't any misunderstandings. I believe it's a bit harsh to try and take me down on a word I've used. Let me remind you that English is not my native language and I might be using a word in a different context sometimes. I wasn't referring to misunderstandings before, I was trying to say I just wanted to have the info for which I've asked three times confirmed to avoid any troubles with the scam fresh in mind. Yes, I stated how much it was apparently but we agreed that long before and I was trying to have the amount and paypal confirmed. I went through some of the messages we had sent before and one of them contained an email address below his name signature but I wasn't sure this was just an email adrres or his actual paypal address so I just asked to confirm that. I still don't understand what is wrong with that?? Why would you not just confirm it so I could have sent the payment... I guess that's what bother's me most in the whole story. In my last messages I let you know for THREE times I would take the book, just have the paypal address confirmed. You go around making assumptions and in the end you'll send the book back to yourself. I'm not sure if the only problem here is me trying to express myself in English or you not reading what i'm actually saying.

P.S.: the negative balance I spoke of was indeed referring to the account which was coupled to my paypal account. I wasn't trying to say I didn't have any money to buy it at that point, just that I needed to look into it and have some money transferred from one account to the other...
P.S.2: if you want to be constructive than just do so. Don't go spreading your side of an experience, acting like you're so correct all the time. I've reached out several times as well. I've said I would take it many times but apparently Mr prefect is feeling to good to confirm his paypal address.
P.S.3: with +1,5k post you are probably a respected member around here. You speak of your worst experience over here and like i'm said i'm sorry for that which is while I proposed to still buy the book from you!! In addition, I can say that I've bought here as well several times without any issues at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88cs
I have a low miles 911C to sell you if you believe that, it's in Texas or Canada or somewhere.
What kind of nonsense is this? Grow up... (not sure if that's an appropriate reaction for a well respected member)

Last edited by Outlaw_singer; 05-21-2015 at 01:31 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Registered

And here's the complete story, without any leftouts...

January 5th 15: i sent a message, saying i’m interested and would like to know how much shipping to Belgium would be. He responded it would be expensive at +40$, because of the weight.
Same day, January 5th 15: I responded he had the price for the book lowered to 150$ and that if he would add the 40$ to the shipping within the US, that I would take the book. I have bought several steering wheels in the US as well and have payed +40$ for shipping before, no problem. I asked him if he preferred a wirement or paypal. He responded it would be about 190$ and indeed said he makes it to Europe a lot for work, and if possible he would carry it over and ship it from there. He guessed he would be over in February.
Same day, January 5th 15: he sent me another message, saying he forget to answer all questions, more exactly his paypal address.
Still same day, January 5th 15: I responded to him that it would indeed be interesting to have it shipped from the UK. Not necessarily because of the shipping but rather to avoid possible import taxes which are often sky high. So if he would be willing to take it with him: yes please! I also proposed him to send a partial amount if that would comfort him.
January 6th 15: he said that was okay with him, didn’t respond to the partial payment.
March 3rd 15: I send him a message the it just came to mind that i hadn't heard from him since we last 'spoke' so i'm wondering: any trips planned to europe/uk in the future?
March 19th 15: still no news after 16 days so another message from me to him that I'm wondering if he forgot about me or just didn't get to Europe since we spoke? Telling him to keep me informed please. Thanks!
March 23th 15: long after February without having received any news from him: he responded, telling me he was sorry for not keeping in touch with me. He had cancelled two tickets to Europe and now had a flight scheduled in April. He would keep in touch.
Same day, March 23th 15: I told him ‘no problem, let me know when you do.’ And he responds he will.
April 18th 15: he reaches out, saying he’ll arrive in Europe tomorrow.
April 22nd 15: he sends me a message to ask me if I’ve changed my mind and to reach out because he doesn’t want the book to strand there. I now see he had put an email address below his name signature. It appears to be the same as before, so it has to be his paypal address.
Same day, april 22nd 15: I tell him I’m sorry for the delay, I’ve been really busy lately and that i'll take it as i said. I ask him if he has an idea yet how much shipping from the UK will be? Thanks!
April 23rd 15: no worries he says. Shipping would be around 10$ and he asks if that’s okay with me. He would leave the book at a friend’s office.
May 3rd 15: he says he’s back in the US but he left the book in the UK. Asking me to reach out with my address because he told the guy he would have it one week ago. Although he hadn’t asked me at that point?
May 4th 15: he send me another message already: “Any response at all would be greatly appreciated, I need to do something about this and I'm stuck until you reply. It took me less than a minute to sign in and write this, it doesn't take that much time and it's the right thing to do.”
Same day, May 4th 15: I tell him I’m sorry for not responding. That I’ve read his message from last week while at work and intended to respond to it when I got home but I must have forgotten about it because I’m way behind on my things to do (not meant as an excuse, just the honest reason). In addition I indeed add that I’ve just sold my 912, already miss it and that I might buy another one in the future. I never say anything about not buying the book from him! Finally, I also stat that I’m currently in a negative position on the account which is coupled with my paypal. I’m going to sort this out asap and let him know when done. I tell him I’m “sorry once again for the delay, i had no intentions in keeping you on hold...”
May 12th 15: he responds: “I so wish you would have just told me that you didn't want it, I would have just put it back in my bag, now I'm on the hook for postage back to me for.............trying to do something nice.”
Same day, May 12th 15: since I notice he’s pretty upset with this situation I reach out the same day and send him the following: “apologies won't help you much but I truly am sorry. I have so many things going on right now, of which some are troubles and the others are even bigger troubles. Not your problem, I know...
I don't want to bother you with it anymore, so i'll paypal you the money today. It was 150$ + 10$ postage, correct? What was your paypal once again? Is it emailaddress@email.com?”
Excuse me, it'll be done today!
Same day, May 12th 15: because I’m about to go to bed without having heard from him I reach out again: Mark, can you confirm the amount and your paypal email for me? I don't want the money to end up somewhere else. (I was just asking as a confirmation because I wasn’t sure anymore and I just would like to have the complete amount and paypal address confirmed. A normal ‘yes, correct’ would have done the trick.)
May 18th 15: since I haven’t heard for a week since asking him to confirm the info and with the scam being final on me I send him: i'm not sure how fast you want this over but i sent you two messages, the same day you sent me one but i haven't heard from you since?
Having said that, if it doesn't matter anymore to you, i would prefer not to take it now. The reason for this is that i got scammed over a 911SC last week and i could sure use all what is left of my money now.
Same day, May 18th 15: he responds: “I thought you made it abundantly clear that you didn't want the book with your last missive, since you could have sent a PayPal anytime, I sent my email address at least three times.
I felt like you were putting it on me to say, "that's okay. let's just forget it". I don't think that's fair to me in the least, I gave you outs twice which would have prevented all this, you didn't take me up on them, and I could tell that you had logged in to Pelican and just not responded.
So, here we are, now you are finally saying that you don't want it, which I had the gut feeling was the case while I was leaving the book, I should have listened to my gut.
It was going to cost $40 to ship it to Europe from here, I expect that it's the same the other way, I'm going to go ahead and ask my friend to send it back. I don't think it's right at all that I have to pay for that, on the other hand this has been the most frustrating experience I've had on Pelican, and I want it to be done. So you have my email address, if you want to pay for the shipping go ahead, if not don't.”
Still same day, May 18th 15: I send: Mark, although i understand your frustration, i have to say that not all is as you believe.
My last messages weren't intended to have you say something. That almost sounds like i'm talking to my wife... They were meant to have the purchase price, shipping cost and paypal address confirmed since i didn't want any more misunderstandigs. And that although i had just sold my 912, i would still take the book because of the trouble you went through. Just exactly like i said. You may have sent your paypal before but was it so hard to say: "yes, that's exactly as we agreed on"?
And please don't try to make a point by saying: see, now you agree you don't want the book, just like i had a gut feeling. Sorry for my language, but that's just plain bull****! Take a look at the the thread i've started over in the off-topic discussion. Again, like i said, i got scammed last week. On friday it became clear that i had dealt with a scammer, leaving me without a porsche and without my 21500$. With my loss fresh in mind, yes, i decided to rather not take the book if that was okay with you but clearly it is not. On the other hand i don't want to be the other end in 'your most frustrating pelican experience' so yes, i'll pay for the shipping costs. But since i hate to pay for something without receiving anything again, i'll still take the damn book and will try to sell it to some other guy hopefully...
175$ whereto??

Edit: reason for editing is that I've put all the dates in bold for those interested in actually reading through the whole story.

Last edited by Outlaw_singer; 05-21-2015 at 01:35 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered

Let's see, you're right, I didn't get to Europe for 5 1/2 months after we spoke about it. I get there when a job needs me, hard to predict, I'm going again in June.

If that bothered you you never said so, you could have said "I don't want it anymore " at any point.

I had to clean out my mailbox, so I only have trails from the last messages you sent, After I got there I hadn't heard from you, (if you go to somone's profile it shows their last activity, not if they have PP open on their desk). Your last activity was long after I messaged you.

Still not a big deal, tell me that you don't want it, I put it back in my bag and bump the ad when I get home. I offered twice.

After I get home I get the newborn/sold car/no money message. I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have stranded the book when I did it. Sorry, but I did. I was frustrated and done with it, I wasn't going to force a follow through, I was angry that you didn't just tell me when I was there and offered you an out. So I stopped responding, it never did get me anywhere.

I never knew that English wasn't your native language, I commend your command of it, it's better than a lot of native speakers.

From my perspective you could have sent a paypal any time you wished, you didn't, you were going to straighten out your issue with them and let me know when that was done, you didn't. I read the newborn/sold car/no money message as code for I don't want it, but if you force me to I'll take it. Again this is after I stranded the book in England. If that is due to language barriers, then I apologize.

If you feel that I should remove my posts I will.

I would ask that you remove my email address from your post, that is a sure way to invite trouble, post a real email address in a public forum. I go to great pains not to do it. If you need it to be there can you use the code I use, cs8815 at aol dot com.

I think I know how your car situation is going to turn out, I hope not, again you are posting this in the wrong forum, put it in the 911 parts for sale, you'll get a lot of good information from those guys.

This

Think I just got scammed by Smokey Auto sales in Florida?

sounds a lot like your guy, the thread is 21 pages now and has lots of good information, you just have to mine for it.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Registered

Feel sorry for OP, to bring a minor book -deal into this saga is a bit below belt.

Not sure how those scammers do it, perhaps a few phishing hijacked accounts, quick money transfers from one into another, and at the end a foreign exchange, or similar account, from where one can withdraw cash with a fake id.

Between countries, there are some delays in transfers, where moneys can be held for a while. But the fact, that no one is trying to make you believe your car is being shipped, probably says they got their money and are long gone. But still worth a try. I would work together with police and your bank.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
A bit?

Let me see if I have this straight.

European guy gets scammed on a deal for a car. He was concurrently in the process of buying a book that is related to the car in question. He does not end up getting the car, and the book guy is not exactly communicative. Book deal falls through, but scam victim is still willing to go through with it. Deal does not go forward. Car scam victim posts about experience with the car, and info comes to light that this may not be the scammer's first rodeo. Book guy discovers thread about car scam. The book deal gave him a case of the sandy vagina, so he drops in on the thread about the car, makes a few comments, goes back the next day and perhaps sees what a douche move it was to do that, sees that his e-mail is out there in public and tries to do some weak ass damage control.

Book guy, if I were you, I would delete every post I made in this thread, without making anyone ask me to do so. Maybe, just maybe, Euro scam victim guy will accommodate you with the removing your e mail address.

Not holding my breath
Old 05-20-2015, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
drunk and stupid

If you really think that typing out 'at' and 'dot' is going to keep your email addy from making the spam lists......you're horribly, horribly wrong.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Registered

No offense to anyone, but none of this makes any sense. It seems to me maybe some tracks are being covered...

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 05-20-2015, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

one of gods prototypes

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bell Send a message via Yahoo to bell
My brain hurts now. ......
Old 05-20-2015, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
I'll pay both of you $175 each immediately if you promise to never post again.
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 05-20-2015, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHI944 View Post
If you really think that typing out 'at' and 'dot' is going to keep your email addy from making the spam lists......you're horribly, horribly wrong.
Served me well for 15 years or so.

Vagina guy, read again. The Maestro would be rolling over in his grave at the suggestion that his books be used by a 911SC owner.

This is posted in off topic, I posted my dealing with the OP. Not that I don't feel bad for him, I do.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
1977 Targa ROW

Wow...just wow
I'm not your Rumpelstiltskin, spin your own Gold.
"Ya can't be Pablo if ya work ain't selln'..."
Old 05-20-2015, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Wow, so that's what a brain hemorrhage feels like...

Guess I can scratch that off my bucket list.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Wait...what?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-21-2015, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Registered

To those showing sympathy for my side of the story, thanks for that. But I must add immediately that I have no intention to make people pick sides on this one. I just brought out my story, in response to what he brought out here. No further intentions.

I hope this is the last thing I will be saying about the whole book situation...

Mark, I've never said anything or tried to blame you for taking a lot longer than you first said. I'm just bringing this out because of the fact you brought your story out here. So no, that actually never bothered me.

This is the final time i'm going to say it: I never intended to make you say things. I'm a grown man and if that's what I wanted, I would have said so myself. The only time when I brought up the question if it would be okay with you to not take it, was one week after I had sent you two messages, both saying that I would take the book and paypal you the money if you could please confirm the email address which I found in one of the pm's we exchanged. The address was at the bottom of that pm, noted just under your name without any explanation so I was not sure whether it was your email address or your paypal address. 'so you stopped responding?' There was no reason at all for you to stop responding! I still don't understand what your problem was with having to confirm that. Instead, you didn't respond for a week and in the meanwhile I got scammed over 21k$. That's why I sent you another pm, asking you what the deal was and it didn't really seem like you were in a hurry to sell it. Yes, at that point I asked you that if it indeed didn't matter to you, I would prefer to not take it because of what I just went through. Only, if you were okay with that!
Your response to that can be read in the pm conversation above. At that point, your attitude started to bother me as well, which is way I started using words like 'b*ll*****' and 'the damn book'. Yet, I didn't want to make you feel bad and said for the THIRD time that I would take the book if you could just let me know that the email address I have, was indeed your paypal address. How is that open to interpretation?
Next thing I know is you bringing out your frustration here which has turned the thread I've started into a complete different direction. Thanks for that...

From your perspective I could have sent a paypal any time I wished, which is exactly what I intended, immediately from the moment you would have let me known that I had indeed your paypal address, but you didn't...

There's no reason for asking me if I feel like you should delete your messages, it obviously brought you some kind of relief so i'm happy you have this off your chest.

Your paypal address has been changed at your request.

Thanks for the link, i'll see if i'll start this thread elsewhere, since it's no good here anymore anyway.

To be honest, I still believe it was a lousy thing to do, bringing your half story out here and especially your comment about 'having a low miles 911SC which is in texas or Canada or somewhere else to sell me if I believe that.' is absolutely NOT done. For saying such a thing I can only think there might be something up your a** and if so, I suggest you remove that before posting the next time. Sorry for saying so but I am completely done with this.

In addition, thanks for reaching out once again by pm but to me, there is no more use in that now. You should have done so in the first place and not now, after the damage is done. Let me end by saying once more that I am truly sorry for your book experience with me, I never intended it to go this way and I can only wish you had your paypal address confirmed to me, than there wouldn't have been any problem at all...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Registered

scammer Surfaces

somebody is doing it again 1981 Porsche 911 SC Coupe

Old 06-05-2015, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: