Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
On Tuesday, 36 US senators called for a federal investigation into how three company executives came to sell nearly $2m (1.5m) worth of shares in the company in the interim.

It would also be interesting to see who shorted it in that time frame
Various VWs
Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

While I'm certainly as concerned as the rest of you guys, I'm currently without health insurance and wouldn't mind seeing the other side of the country for a heart bypass surgery. The downside is I can't afford it out of pocket and I sure as hell don't need the whole "pre-existing condition" thing held over my head later on. We're all gonna have to argue with the credit/healthcare outfits from here on out, so, who can help a brother out?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

Ever get the feeling there is no "truth" anymore?

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody911 View Post
Just have Experian left to do; those bastards went as far as getting my credit card info before telling me they couldn't process my request and I'd have to mail it in.
Exactly the same thing here. Instructions for mailing it in seemed a bit peculiar too. I would have expected a form to download and fill in or similar.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody911 View Post
Just have Experian left to do; those bastards went as far as getting my credit card info before telling me they couldn't process my request and I'd have to mail it in. [/url]
To add insult to injury, I see that they actually charged my credit card for the $10, even after refusing the allow me to submit the freeze online.
Various VWs
Old 09-14-2017, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Bunch of Fuchers...

On the Canadian Site beside trying to sell you their "Identity Protection" for $19.95 they tell you that your are pretty well on your own...

"We recommend that you remain vigilant of incidents of fraud and identity theft by reviewing account statements and monitoring your credit reports. If you believe you are the victim of identity theft, you should contact the proper law enforcement authorities, including local law enforcement."

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Slanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 09-14-2017, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daepp View Post
Ever get the feeling there is no "truth" anymore?
Do I ever!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

This has got to be a coincidence - but I got an offer from LifeLock in the mail today for a 20% discount. I did pull all 3 credit reports yesterday per a thread on reddit regarding this data breach. I haven't acted to freeze accounts at the bureaus yet though.

'06 911 S Aerokit - since 5/2/2016
'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
Old 09-14-2017, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
Sheeple Herder

Garage
Since the public outing of the data breach, I have enjoyed 3 instances where the new me has appeared twice in Ohio and once in Germany. The Ohio me purchased two new iPhone 7s and proceeded to call Cuba to the tune of $244 in the 3 hours it took me to figure out someone had my AT and T account. Later that day, the Germany me used my one active credit card buy train tickets in Germany....

I started with a fraud alert accross as well as now freezing the accounts accross the three reporting agencies to stop the credit attacks, but the identity is clearly out there as the phone purchases was done with an id with my name on it and the person had all passwords, pins, etc in hand to take my phone account without a struggle...

I hope the Germany me is enjoying himself...I always wanted to go there...
91 964 C4 (smile producer) gone...
99' Boxster (Frida)sold-miss it dearly
Old 09-14-2017, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Still trying to get my mom's credit frozen at Transunion and Experian.

Transunion still says we have to mail it in

Experian won't let me get passed the register phase. Says the birth date is in the wrong order.

Equifax was a breeze.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Two execs out at Equifax.

Two executives retire in wake of Equifax breach
Old 09-16-2017, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Great that large company execs get to ride into the sunset and live their cushy retired lives after costing the working people of the country potentially millions/billions and no repercussions to them as a result of their actions. Has this ever happened before???
Old 09-16-2017, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Too little, too late. The Chief Security Officer with degrees in music should have never been hired for her job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 09-16-2017, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Can you freeze the account of someone who passed away not too long ago?

Or is there a better way?
Old 09-20-2017, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Can you freeze the account of someone who passed away not too long ago?

Or is there a better way?
I don't see why not. I did mine online - if you know the history of that person (assuming close relative) you will need their info and to answer some security questions - like what street did you used to live on etc... all multiple choice !
Old 09-20-2017, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)

We had to call Transunion and Experian for my mom. Never could do it online.

She asked about my dad and they needed all kinds of proof and info he was deceased. It'll be easier for me to call and pretend I'm my dad and freeze it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschodt View Post
I don't see why not. I did mine online - if you know the history of that person (assuming close relative) you will need their info and to answer some security questions - like what street did you used to live on etc... all multiple choice !
Old 09-20-2017, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
You can't make this 5hit up

IRS awards multimillion-dollar fraud-prevention contract to Equifax - POLITICO
Various VWs
Old 10-04-2017, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)

Yup.... The gave the keys to the asylum to the crazies that released your info in the first place. Also if you watched football this w/e you might have seen equifax ads on TV where they graciously offer you a free " dark web" scan and a subscription to their protection service... stuff you would not need had they not effed up... Is there really no limit to the shame here ? It sure is an interesting marketing tack, doubling down "a la Trump". And no legal pursuits against that company ??? nothing ?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

Those kinds of things reflect how stupid & uninformed large companies who deal with public services & products actually think of the customer base. You see that a lot. Maybe they are correct in their thinking.

Last edited by Evans, Marv; 10-04-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-04-2017, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)

maybe..
lol...
you must have children or friends that you don't want to offend..
even now..
many are unaware this happened..
other's don't grasp the amount of data these folks have / collect..

and nobody is going to jail..
especially the guys that sold before the 'oops'..release..

Rika
Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: