Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Other Regions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

possible fault with CAN or EIS

Hi. I am rubbish with computers so accessing your forum is quite an achievement for me. I own a MB C class C200 CDI Elegance with W203 chassis. It is right hand drive. It is 2005 reg. The problem with it is that it wont start or even turn over. I've checked every single fuse, relay, starter motor and alternator and they are all OK. This seems to be pointing to the CAN or the electronic ignition system So I am wondering if I bypassed them, could I start the car without damaging sub systems eg anti theft system, fuel management etc. Some people I've spoken to say I can but personally I don't think so. I'm thinking that if I went ahead and bypassed the CAN and EIS I would have to get an MB garage to recode the CAN at quite a prohibitive cost. Also I have tried an OBD 2 unit specifically for Mercedes vehicles (Creator C502) and a message comes up stating a communication failure. the OBD seems to be OK as it works on my friend's MB. I'm wondering if you could put me on the right track as to finding the fault or faults on this vehicle. Heres hoping the special relationship between US and UK still stands!
PS, fantastic forum.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: