Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rust converter before cavity wax

Guys
Would like to find a good rust converter/dissolver in various body cavities , longitudinals, etc.
I have the 3m cavity wax with wand to use after but want an initial trearment that also has a wand to reach in cavities. Most I see is just bottled or spray can that will not reach.
What’s good product ?
Thanks
Frank

Old 07-24-2019, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have solved this....
TPC global sells a spray gun with a 24” flexible wand with nozzle end ( wish longer but will deal with it)
Includes an integral gauge for running off your compressor.
Then you buy the rust conversion product that’s sprayable, there are several mfg’s
Old 07-25-2019, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i made my own gun with a wand using a cheap chip guard gun and a long piece of plastic tubing. i simply pluged the end of the tubing then drilled lots of little holes around the end of the tube. been using it for countless years for spraying rust converter .
in fact i have a few hoses for it to also spray SEM rust shied through it. it's the only way to coat the inner panels.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for your creative solution...those kind of thoughts also passed.
I needed the gun anyway .....but the longer length solution you have devised will be on my agenda.

I find it odd that 3m who makes the cavity wax ( aerosol only ) has not paired it with a rust converter .

All great fun !
Frank

Old 07-25-2019, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: