Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Can these be fabed in metal - RSR Fronts

Ok first off I know everything is possible with sufficient time, money and skill. But has anyone actually created the front wide vented fenders in metal? I have two sets of stock front bodywork (4 fenders 2 hoods) So I have some metal to play with. I just would really rather have metal bodywork over fiberglass fenders. I remember matteo mention he was thinking about it over in the UK for his car... If I could get some fabricated would there be a market for them if I had some extra sets made? (yea if they didn't look like crap) That said I'll probably give up a go with fiberglass, but part of me thinks metal would be really cool and unexpected

Referring to the front fenders as seen on the car below.

If there are some body guys would this be easy for a competent shop with a fiberglass fender to work from? I'm thinking that would be the best way to go?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have fabbed then once, it is not cost effective, but it looks much better for a show car, the racers are all about dropping weight.

I prefer to work with metal, and you are right, it is way cooler and unexpected.
Joseph Toliva, guy who signs my check
Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: