Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Front Fenders & Rust Questions

Gents,

Attached is a picture of my bottom front fender with rust. Both of my front fenders are rusty and the bottom fell off, but the remainder of the fender is in perfect condition. Is there any replacement piece that I can purchase to repair this or do you have to buy the entire fender for it??

Any suggestions would greatly appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Jay

Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

its a bmw they all do that !!!! just make a patch panel . its an ez patch to make as long as its under the body line . if its not then becouse of the small step in the panel were the body line is you will need a brake or a pease of 1/16 flat stock to form the body line around . i have fixed 2 of them already this year .
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I agree with 962porsche, if you have never done a patch panel before, that is a perfect one to start with.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Never done one before. Would you consider making couple of pieces of patch panels for a price? You make the patch panels and I will pay for them and have them installed locally.

Please let me know what you think of the idea.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i don't know the measurements off the top of my head for E36 fenders . you need the hole car to fab something like that . there should be a shop in your area that could make them .
Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I don't know of any shop here in the twin cities that does that. I will post on craigslist and see if I can find some takers.

Thanks,
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I have a kit to do both sides that I am not likely to use. I paid $170 for both sides and would like to get my money back out of them. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: