Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Primer Filler

A few years ago my PPG dealer stopped selling lacquer based primer-filler. The told me the epoxy primer-sealer was an all in one product. But my experience for the last 30 years is that the ealer takes a long time to dry before you can sand it (sometimes weeks or months). They told me I could mix in more reducer to make it act more like filler (and dry faster), but that really doesn't work. I tried a cheap brand (Advantage) and it didn't stick well. I then tried a Dupont product which is like an epoxy filler which was better, but still not as good as the old lacquer primer. Now I'm back to this again. I just tried a product that is premixed and ready to spray, and it too sucks. Too thin, dry, and doesn't stick well. SO, do any of the experts have any advice or product recommendations?

Its not how fast you go...its how you go fast
Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: