Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Black and Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Kemo
looking good! is that the stock location for speakers for the Cab?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
is that the stock location for speakers for the Cab?
To be totally honest, I have no idea. The speakers were mounted there when I bought the car. My Alpines don't sound the best in the limited space that is there. I'm playing with the thought of adding a bass port in the cover but I don't know if that will help or not. I'm going to talk with someone who knows more about stereo systems and see what they think.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Getting closer

Goals set, goals achieved. Yesterday I set the goal of installing the windshield and getting the top back on by Wednesday. I got the windshield installed and top on today! Good day
Tomorrow I'll finish fastening the top down and adjusting the window gaps where the door glass meets the top. Hopefully get the seats back in tomorrow too. If all goes well and I get the parts I'm waiting for, I'll have it on the road by the weekend.
Hoping to get the installation of the new rag top scheduled in the next week or two.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
You car looks great!!! I love the body color in the wheel wells. The way it should be!!! I was wondering about the top and if you installed it? My 993 needs a new top and I'm going to have it done, not going there.
2012 Ford F150 Lariat
Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yel911 View Post
You car looks great!!! I love the body color in the wheel wells. The way it should be!!! I was wondering about the top and if you installed it? My 993 needs a new top and I'm going to have it done, not going there.
Thanks!

No way am I tackling the top. Too much money for the new top and if I don't get it right, I'll end up buying another and having it installed so I figure it's better for a professional to tackle that job. I'll usually look at a project and my first thought is "I can handle that" but I don't have that certain feeling about installing a new top.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
No way am I tackling the top. Too much money for the new top and if I don't get it right, I'll end up buying another and having it installed so I figure it's better for a professional to tackle that job.
Exactly!!
2012 Ford F150 Lariat
Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Brew Master

Garage
Today's work:
1. Finished fastening the top to the car. In with a shim, out with a shim, in with a different shim then adjust door glass to the top. I can't get the passenger side to line up the same as the driver side for some reason. I've played with every adjustment in the window but the gap from the vertical seal side of the top to the back of the window glass is out of whack. (No pic for this one. I'm posting this problem on the tech forum)
2. Put some Velcro on the floor carpet to hold it in place
3. Made a slight modification to the windshield wipers. I heated the arms and bent them so they'd sit a little lower yet still clean the drivers side with the wipers parked on the right side of the car.
4. Tried to wash the powder off the new windshield seal. PAIN
5. Installed the driver and passenger side seats

Old 04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: