Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Angry F-ed up in the garage - how to fix?

Hi Pelicans - first post in this forum, and I've never done any body or paint work, but I'm active in the 911Tech forum...

Anyway, had a bit of a screw-up in my garage last week, and here is the resulting ding on the front bumper of my '83SC:

Now, it's not big by any means, a nickel would cover it. But since it is deep enough to go to bare metal, I'd like to provide it with some protection. What is the way to go here?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2017, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I'd buy a complete color match touch up kit and fix it. Can buy on eBay for about 60 buckd
Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Touch up kits are a rip off, go to your local jobber and have him mix something up for you, less than $20
Old 08-19-2017, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Porsche black is pure black, and easy to match.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Looks like we are on the same screw up schedule too. I just had the tire catch (need to roll fenders) and a two inch by half inch bit of paint flaked off.

Thinking of going this route:
Touch Up Paint Accessories | 1/2 Oz Products | AutomotiveTouchup

I think I can do a passable job as the paint was less than perfect to begin with.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: