Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Front Ride Height Adjustment Question

Front Ride Height Adjustment Question

Iíve read the archived threads and learned about 'worm eye views' of ride height adjustment bolts from Wil Ferch, but (no surprise) Iím still confused!

Iíve installed 22mm torsion bars in the front and need to lower the ride height. When I put the torsion bar caps back on (index them) what position should the Ďtabí on the cap be in; to give me the maximum lowering capacity?

On the driver side should the Ďtabí be rotated closer to the ground? Or closer to the sky?

How Ďbout the passenger side? Closer to the ground? Or closer to the sky?

Does the suspension need to be compressed before I put the torsion bar caps on?

Iím getting ready to take the car in for an alignment and corner balance. Iíd like to get this ride height sorted out before I do that!

As always, thanks for the help!

Tab closer to the ground?

Tab closer to the sky?

-----------------------------------------
"A man must consider what a rich realm he abdicates when he becomes a conformist." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~ (thanks to Pat Keefe)
Old 09-24-2019, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I compressed the suspension and then put the torsion bar cover 'tab' at about the center (midway between sky and ground) position. My ride height (by fender measurement) came right in at 25 3/4" -- so I think I've answered my own question.

If someone would shout out a confirmation, I'd appreciate that!

"A man must consider what a rich realm he abdicates when he becomes a conformist." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~ (thanks to Pat Keefe)
Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well now I've done it both ways and found I didn't really need to compress the suspension! It a little disorienting turning bolts from the 'worm's eye' view, but I did get the front ride height dialed in at 25 1/2" fender height.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, throughout this refresh!

Old 09-24-2019, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: