Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Adjustable spring plates only adjust 1 way

I got some Rennline adjustable spring plates from our host for my '74. They are the type that have a cam bolt. Upon installing them, they freely adjust in the direction that would lower the car. But in trying to turn the cam in the opposite direction, I encounter strong resistance. I cannot get the plates to move in the direction that would raise the car. The plates are not connected to the control arm. The adjustment is in the center of its range. Anybody know what's going on?

Old 05-14-2020, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Depending on what side you are on and the position of the cam you can end up in a situation where rotating the cam to move the spring plate will tighten the nut against the lock washer on the other side. So, Loosen the jam nut and see if the resistance is reduced.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts and suspension setups. IG Classicautowerks
Old 05-14-2020, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
Depending on what side you are on and the position of the cam you can end up in a situation where rotating the cam to move the spring plate will tighten the nut against the lock washer on the other side. So, Loosen the jam nut and see if the resistance is reduced.
Thanks for the reply, but it's the same situation both sides and the jam nut is loose.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Never used the Rennline products. Take them off the car, pull the adjuster and fixing bolts and see if the inner/outer plates are binding. Then go from there.

classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts and suspension setups. IG Classicautowerks
Old 05-14-2020, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: