Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
pull front valence: fogs?

my quick inspection makes it look like pulling the front valence is pretty easy, but what about the fogs? Does the wiring just unplug from a harness? Are there any tricks/gotchas?

Old 01-01-2004, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I know on my Carerra they just unplugged. They are mounted to the valance itself though, and the whole thing (lights) comes off in one piece.
00 GMC Sierra
Old 01-01-2004, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On a stock valence they just unplug. However, it may be that the stock wiring wouldn't reach on your modified valence-it didn't on my 930S style, so I added wire with bullet connectors. Either way, no biggie, even if you have to cut it.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 01-01-2004, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

On the SC the connectors for the fogs are in the luggage compartment. The left one is above the batt and the rt one is on the other side. It helps to take the washer bottle out to fish the wires out.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Todd,

Like Dean said, I found that the connectors are in the trunk [must be the same on the SC and the Carrera]. Mine were a bit of a pain to pull thru the wall and then re thread; but doable. I'll be doing some valence straightening/painting and plan on removing again to do so.

todd
86 cpe

Old 01-01-2004, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: