Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oxygen Sensor Change?

I purchased an oxygen sensor for my 88 from our host and received one without the rubber piece that secures the wire and protects the topside from the elements in the engine tin.

When inquiring about this I was told by the customer service rep that I was to cut/hack off the old one and affix it to the new one and use sealant to seal it all up. This doesn't sound right or reasonable since the part with the correct seal should be available for purchase. Has anyone else run in to this situation?

I would rather keep the old one in the CAT for possible reinstallation at a later date vs. hack the rubber piece off, etc.

Anyone have any tips on sourcing the correct part?

-- There are only those that know and those that do not!!! --
Old 02-03-2004, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

You need to talk to some one else there at Pelican. I just bought one from them and it has the rubber piece you are referring to along with the correct electrical connection.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm with Kurt, send it back. Sound like a typical reply by some car dealer when they can't fix something "they all sound/act like that, that the way it came from the factory".

Old 02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: