Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: the bluest city in the bluest county in the bluest state by the bluest ocean...did I mention the blue skies???
Thumbs up LMP2+ALMS=Laguna Seca...do the math!

Any Bayareacan's going to see the new baby at Laguna??? there's a 'PorschePlatz" & PCA activities etc. etc...sounds like a good weekend this fri-sat-sun 10/14-15-16. check out the zone 7 or LPR PCA web site for info. There will be rides, at speed, in the new spyder RS....or not ! but you will see & hear it rock the corkscrews....

I'll be there !!!!!

& "Special Parking", sponcered by Porsche for any 911 with a 2.7 .....their way of making up for past crimes...(thermal reactors)

OK OK ...that's not true...but they SHOULD !!!!

Darkbeer
celebrating 35 years of Porsche madness...remember saying "No...this is not a VW..."

1990 Chevy 4x4 2500 pickup (with 255K & still rockin')
Old 10-12-2005, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Darkbeer,
My wife and I are planning to go. Curious if the dinner at Pebble Beach will be worth it? Sounds like a pretty good deal but that depends on the food and wine? We will probably take her 993...the 73 track car is probably a bit too harsh for a weekend getaway where they won't let me on the track.

Matt
Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Location: the bluest city in the bluest county in the bluest state by the bluest ocean...did I mention the blue skies???
according to the website we (or the first 100) will get to do a few laps as part of the festivities...I'm not sure if that will be Sat or Sun. The '73 would be fun though....
I'm skipping the Peb. beach dinner thing, I'm looking forward to seeing the new proto RS. I'll bring the GP white, H series Targa...see you there!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Low Speed, High Drag

Garage
Anybody in the bay area wanna caravan down there???
Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Porschekid962 Send a message via Yahoo to Porschekid962
Mom, Pop and myself are heading up to my grandparents friday afternoon to spend the night. Then early Saturday dad and I are heading up for the race. I will be in disguise (Porsche race team shirt, pants and shoes from my cousin in Germany, works at the factory) in the hopes that I can sneak into places I dont have a pass for. Hey dont laugh, it worked all the time when I was 13,14,15 at the LBGP and Fontana for CART races. I just threw on dad's camera and spoke german instead of english and they let me go.

I can wait to see that new porsche. First time I will see a Porsche prototype race in my life in person. I am pretty stoked. After the race we are bookin back to wine country for an early round of 18 on sunday at hunter ranch in paso robles. Should be a wonderful weekend.

Kinda bummed I am missing the hot rod show in Long Beach, some guys I know from Japan are here and they are the top dog pinstripers in Japan right now. Porsche, pinstriping, eh I already got my parts done so its off to the races for me
Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
One of our good friends from Cleveland won the Speed Channel ALMS VIP trip to Laguna Seca for the event. Four days with the full VIP treatment including the dinner with the drivers. Why can't I have that kind of luck?

John
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

devalued member

Garage
i am in. i will be the guy in the shirt that says "the 911 divided the world" my sweety has already layed it out for me! i got some hospitality suite and paddock pass duckets so i will be hanging around the bell micro system tent. they sponsor the 2nd alex job racing entry.

weather says overcast and cloudy so bring both hot and cool weather clothes. since the race starts at 4 and goes til 8 you guys that dont have the misses dressed propper like may have to leave eary cause shes cold. either that pay a kings ransom for an ALMS sweatshirt...

what will you guys be wearing? should we all dress the same?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
cycling has-been

Hey, Pelicans, do me a favor.
Stop by the Acemco Compound & say 'howdy' to my son.
He's doing the engineering support for the S7 this weekend.

Tell him his long awaited '73 2.5L will be there by shortly.

Ask for Bill K (not Billy T)

thanks
Bill K (Sr.)
Old 10-14-2005, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
breathe, pause, think.

I'll be heading up to SJ this afternoon...Can't wait!!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Sorta figured I wouldn't be "all by my self"....
I'm cruzin down from Santa Cruz, in the 'ol 2.7 GP Wht. Targa....I'll sport my 1998 Monterey Historics/Porsche 50th anniv. shirt, weather permitting. To bad there's not some way us Pelicanites could spot each other in a crowd, other then by eating live, 5 lb. fish, in one gulp....

See Ya Sat. AM
Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Leaving later today, we'll be staying at the Embassy suites.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: