Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Using different intakes and parts on a 3.2 ltr??

Im buying an carrera with engine burn that needs all components that go on the longblock like distributer, alt-fan assly, tin, ect. and need to know if these items changed from yr to yr.? Can I use alternater or distributer from an earlier or later car in case i run into one priced right? or do I have to stay with the 3.2. Also, Can I use other intakes like vario ram intake on 3.2 longblock??? Thanks, Mark
84 Coupe

Old 10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

Only intakes that will fit are the ones for the 3.2 or you can go with carbs. The fan and housings did change size every few years. You will also need the distributor for the 3.2.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
up-fixing der car(ma)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to YTNUKLR
They are pretty specific to the 3.2. The fan/housing is the same as earlier (sc) but the alternators are much more complicated on the 3.2. Distributor is also 3.2-only. Varioram can be used on the 3.2 but I can't imagine finding a VR for less than a 3.2 intake, and for that matter, I can't imagine it being worth it to find one! YMMV

Last edited by YTNUKLR; 10-14-2005 at 11:24 AM..
Old 10-14-2005, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone have this stuff and how much does it go for?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I may have it all available shortly, will let you know. You can adapt the later 3.6 manifolds (964 aluminum.964 plastic and 993 varioram) to fit a 3.2. The 964 ones just require adapters that are readily available from places like Smart Racing Products. The varioram one would be a little more difficult. I believe Randy Wells has had two early varioram motors (3.2 and a 2.8). You also have the option of carbs (already mentioned) or an ITB set up. TWM makes ITB's (2 different types) and Jenvey makes some really great ones. Of course you need stand alone EFI to make all that work. 3.2 distributor or a 964/993 one will work if you want to go twin plug. All depends on how much power you want and how much you want to open your wallet!

Cheers,

997 S 4.0, Boxster 2.7 Race Car, Cayman S 3.8, 958 Cayenne TT, VW GTI 2.1 TSI, Mini Cooper S JCW, Cannondale Supersix EVO SRAM RED E-tap, Cannondale Slice SRAM RED E-tap, Giant Roam Hardtail- to ride with the wife.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: