Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Typical Salesman

Garage
Another Flag Mirror Wiring Question

I have read almost all of the flag mirror posts; found most of them helpful, my mirrors are now secured to their bases pretty well. I even looked at the wiring diagram to confuse my issue more!

My (dumb) question is: the blue wire on the mirror, I realize it's a up/down or left/right button. It is spliced somewhere on the harness into two wires (one for driver's side and other for pass. side); where does this splice/bridge take place?

I have taken apart one door panel (pass side) and don't want to take apart the driver's side if it won't help any.

Common sense tells me the splice is within the driver's door panel, but my common sense doesn't always seem to work with this car.

As for the electrical engineers, I'm sure I've used the wrong terminology, so please don't correct me on the terminology, I'd rather someone give me the answer.

Thanks,

Jeff

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Chief Head Scratcher

I believe that what you are looking for happens at the switch that you use to select the drivers-side or passenger-side mirror. That switch is located right under your oil pressure gauge. If you pull out the oil pressure gauge, you can pop the switch out from behind to get access to the wires.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The splice is at the l/s mirror plug in the housing.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: