Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Need help with 1973 911S Targa front seats

I have a 1973 911S Targa. The original front seats (They were not Sport Seats. It did not have that option from factory unfortunately) were replaced with some bad-fitting seats and I want to go back to the original standard seats. Interior is black. There appear to be electrical connections on the floor and I assume these were connected to the original seats for seat heat.

So I am wondering what seats I need if I want to be factory correct. Will any 1972 or 1973 black seats be correct? Do some have heaters and some not? Would they have been leather or vinyl for an "S"? Any other issues that come into play?

And of course… does anyone know of a matching pair in original upholstery in nice condition?

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I am not part of the seat police but:

1. I believe that the seats for 1972 and 1973 were the same. The earlier seats had different finishes (chrome instead of black) on the outside part of the seat.

2. I also think that the wiring for the seats is for the seatbelt dash indicator which is for later 1972 seats and all 1973 seats. I have not heard of heated seats in 1972 and 1973 models.

3. I have a matching set of 1972 comfort seats (black vinyl with corduroy) in very good condition. They should be correct for a 1973 as well. The seats were were resprung a few years ago but the covers were still in very good shape. I am currently using the passenger seat (but I do have a replacement). I believe that the seats have the original covers. The German vinyl and corduroy matches a sport seat from another 1972 911 that I am currently using.

Last edited by coldstart; 07-13-2015 at 06:07 AM..
Old 07-13-2015, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
911s , heat , seat , targa , upholstery