Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Looking for 911/930 Interior Temperature Sensor - Working or Not!

I have a 192 930 Turbo. When I had it repainted and the interior re-done the shop somehow lost the interior sensor and cage that is required for the automatic temperature control. I have not been able to find one new or used.

I am interested in:

1. Purchasing a working one.
2. Purchasing a NON-Working one.

I re-versed engineered it to find what thermistor goes on the inside of the cage, and my son can easily design and 3D print an exact copy of the cage itself. I just need the part to measure for the 3D model and also to measure and locate the plug at the bottom.

Would prefer a working one, but non-working will get me there!

Old 09-23-2019, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I also have been searching for this, here is the only one i have seen in the last few years. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F36 2666246942
Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks!

I will keep you in the loop on my progress. Once I get my hands on one my son can replicate the cage it is in exactly. I know the part that goes inside, so just need to see the size of the plug so I can find it from an electronics supplier. Once we have that I can easily make these for a fraction of the cost. The original retail was something like $8 from what I saw, so the price that guy is charging on ebay is insane.

I have someone near me who has one in his car so worst case he said I can take my son out to his place to take the measurements to fabricate the cage then it is just finding the plug at the bottom.

I was hoping hat if I cloud not find a working one I could at least find a used on I could take apart to reverse engineer
Old 09-23-2019, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Aircooled Breakfast

I have the part you have pictured that has the thermistor inside. What I don't have is the bezel that fits over this that has the holes for the two mounting screws. The one I have (as are the ones in my cars) are rubber not plastic but I can't think that a rigid reproduction would be an issue. Not sure why the originals are rubber??? Not sure I want to sell it as I've been keeping it for a spare but maybe I could take detailed pics and measurements for your project. -John
Old 09-23-2019, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Perhaps you can contact Gerberding Ingenieurbüro GmbH & Co. KG in Germany

https://www.911-hkz.de/webshop/Innenraumtemperaturfuehler--Nachbau--Heiztronik--Steckerversion.html
Old 09-23-2019, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
For LuftWaffle:

I have the bezel that fits around it! The chuckle-head who kept or lost the sensor when they did my car put the bezel back on with the wire running through it and hanging.. like I would not notice something was missing???

When i find a sensor I'll get my son to 3D print you a bezel! Send me a PM with your contact info.

My son would need detailed photos and he normally goes over things like that with a micrometer to make them exact copies. If you can do that it would help.

What would REALLY HELP if you can do wit without damaging the part would be to separate the silver plug n the bottom and the thermister attached to it form the cover then take very detailed photos and measurements of the base the thermister is attached to. I can find the thermister but that base is a puzzle.

FOR MGB01: Thank's for the tip. I will take a look.

Last edited by agentx; 09-23-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Old 09-23-2019, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
UPDATE - I found one - with a bezel. Not cheap, but it will give me what I need for my car and also the originals to build the 3D replicas of for anyone else who can't find one.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentx View Post
UPDATE - I found one - with a bezel. Not cheap, but it will give me what I need for my car and also the originals to build the 3D replicas of for anyone else who can't find one.
I’d be interested in a replica
Old 09-25-2019, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Ok. I will keep everyone in mind!

Do you want them functional or just replicas? All I am missing now to recreate them (I think) is the piece on the bottom the wire plugs into that connects to the thermistor.... I'll have to see when I get it if it comes apart to check that without breaking it.

Of course if you want a non-functional one then that's not a problem. :-)

Will keep everyone posted.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I suppose a working one is ideal but even a “poser” part will suffice
Old 09-26-2019, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by creempuf View Post
I suppose a working one is ideal but even a “poser” part will suffice
Same here
Old 09-26-2019, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I'm on the case! The original should be here Friday so we'll see how well all that money I'm paying for my son's engineering college education pays off... on "reverse-engineering" :-)
Old 09-26-2019, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Parts arrived and my son is doing the 3D model then will print some samples of both the housing and the bezel. The challenge now is to find a source for the metal component on the insde that hold the thermistor and has the plug at the bottom!

:-)
Old 10-01-2019, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for your efforts - I could use everything but the mounting screws - cage, bezel, thermistor, and connector. But I'd be happy with just the cage and bezel to cover the hole in my windshield frame. FWIW I'd guess the original cage was rubber so that it wasn't a sharp point in a front end collision.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have two PM me
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

I'm very happy with my manual heat, but I feel for you guys with NLA parts and missing bits in your cars. So just for S&Gs, I plugged the part #'s into google's search engine.

DC Automotive list a non-functional cosmetic reproduction of the sensor cage. And a bezel repro. See items 4 & 5 on the diagram dC AutomotiveOver 140,000 square feet of new and used Porsche parts

These guys make functional repros of the sensor and harness Reparatur Bosch HKZ für Porsche 911 und 914/6

And these guys list what appears to be an original, new, assembly including the harness https://www.9fy.de/shop/porsche/911/930/porsche-911-930-g-modell-innenraumsensor-91165910501-91161215000/
Old 10-03-2019, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks!

I checked with DC automotive. Their part is a 3D plastic one. My son just replicated it for me and we found a local place that will print his 3D model in rubber like the original!

I'm pretty pumped about it as this past weekend I found out that that strange u-shaped connector for the headlamp washers was broken by the "so and so" who painted the car and after finding it is no longer available he took a caliper to it and made me an exact copy on his 3D printer!

I'll check out the guys that make the repoos.

What I'm short now is a wire diagram for the car showing the sensor and then the specs on the plug at the bottom of the sensor.

Thanks for sending this!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest

Replacement for that funky hose connection on the headlamp washers... thank goodness for a son who's an engineering major and his 3D printer.... all that college $$ is paying off

Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Reverse engineering complete! Here are the cad diagrams of the three main components to the sensor. The housing (rubber), the bracket (plastic) and the carrier for the thermister (metal). Exact copies.

Found a place that does 3D printing in rubber, plastic (various types) and steel so having them done now to see how they come out. I may get a bracket done in aluminum and paint it black as the OEM one is plastic and cracks easy.

One more part to find (plug for the bottom) and we'll test her out!

Old 10-14-2019, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
930 , cabin senor , sensor , temperature sensor