Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Idle Metering Jet Orientation? Solex P 40II

I can only get my # 4 cylinder to idle by slightly backing off the idle metering jet by about 1/6 of a turn counter clockwise. My other idle metering jets are turned in completely and run fine. I have tried switching this jet with other idle metering jets, however, it is the same story. It will only run if the jet is backed off about 1/6 of a turn. I can turn this cylinder on and off just by this slight turn.
My mixture screws are turned consistently out, however #4's mixture screw only has an effect when the idle metering jet is backed off the slight 1/6 of a turn. I have cleaned this circuit with lots of carburetor cleaner and idle air bleed is clear. I cannot detect any air leaks or ignition issues. I have good compression and spark. The engine runs fine off idle range. The questionable JET IS #9 in the first pic and Letter g in the second pic. Any advisement appreciated.

Last edited by Greg Greer; 07-31-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

The first thing I would do is look at the throat around the butterfly. Do you see any gouging or a ridge where the butterfly has cut into the throat. It’s best to remove the carb for close up inspection and run your finger around the throat. Also, do you feel any play or movement of the shaft.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: