Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Intro

Hey Everybody, just found this place and have been working a V8 conversion myself. Sorry to say its not a 928 motor, But the american motors offer so many other advantages to locking yourself into just porsche only parts. I liked the comment about "art" and choosing which way to go... that was very good. Although I have never been a "Chevy" man, I did choose to go with a ZZ4 Chevy 350 clone, which specs out at about 330 hp and 378 Ftlbs torque. This engine will be used in a stripped out 73 914 Gruppe 5 Kitcar with major body and chassis mods and mostly all fiberglass body panels weighing in at about 900 lbs.... "HP to weight ratio" you do the math.

I was using this car for PCA time trialing at Laguna and Sears Point with the 2.4 ltr 4 banger, which is now for sale... (155hp @5200rpm) but found myself outclassed because of the way i built the rest of the car (and not the motor) So, I may not be able to race any PCA club races in the future but those Vettes and Mustangs aint gonna have a chance when my little 918 shows up at PIR.
So anyway this forum sounds very interesting and I do have many questions for upgrades on my car that i will be asking help with.

thanks!
Old 11-20-1999, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Sounds like me kinda car. keep us posted.
Old 11-20-1999, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: