Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
73 2.0 HELP!

Just got a 73 2.0L, man what a difference from a 1.8L. It needs some TLC.
1. Left head light will cycle up and down. Some times it will stop some times not. Maybe the motor or the relay or?
2. A relay socket is hanging from under the dash. Anyone know what this may be?
Thanks Tom.
Old 12-14-1999, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

First of all I recommend you to purchase a Haynes manual, its not the best, but it will do...

Clean out the connections, maybe that would help. There are several relays under the dash. Do a search on this site for more information.
Old 12-14-1999, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
"Yatzee!"

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/914_headlamp_motor/914_headlamp_motor.htm

As for the relay: 1.Disconnect the battery. 2. DISCONNECT THE BATTERY (hint hint) 3. Remove the two screws holding the fuse panel under the dash. The fuse panel will drop down and you should be able to see where the relay goes unless it is an aftermarket thing from a PO. The Porsche relay harnesses have a little rubber pointed "nub" on the bottom of them that allows the harness to be mounted in the fuse panel. Sometimes it can be a bear to put the nub back in the hole, that may be why the PO left it out. To get them in remove the relay and use a very blunt object to pop the nub into the hole.
Old 12-14-1999, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks to all. I have a Haynes and a Claymar manual. They do not have any info on the head light thing. As for the relay socket I just got the car last Saturday and I have not had the time yet to do much. Everything else looks like it works good. I will have the next two weeks off for holiday shutdown and will give it a good looking over.

TMK.
Old 12-15-1999, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Open the hood and remove the black plastic
covering behind the headlight motor. you will see a round relay. I suggest popping it out
and cleaning the pins. I have had similar
problems with my lights. A Porsche mechanic
showed me this trick. Hope it works.
Old 12-16-1999, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks to all for the INFO

TMK.
Old 12-16-1999, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: