Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Trying to contact A.I.R.

How can I contact A.I.R. of California?
Do they have a web site?
Does Pelican offer A.I.R. products?
How do I go about seeing what A.I.R. offers for 914s?
Old 12-20-1999, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Per their ad in Dec 99 Panorama :
Phone # 818 890-5878
Fax # 818 890-4289
Address : 9830-2 San Fernando Road
Pacoima, Ca. 91331
They don't show a web site in their ad.
Hope this helps.
Charlie
Old 12-20-1999, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I bought from A.I.R years back. Their stuff is garbage, all chopper gun made.
Call Pelican or http://www.wholesaler-usa.com/rennspeed/14prtsmn.htm
The rennspeed stuff is all hand made and done in any thickness you want.
Old 12-21-1999, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks Guys, That's all I needed to know. Thanks for the chopper gun info, your url for Rennspeed works and I'll chech them out.

John
Old 12-21-1999, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Body kits and parts are what you make of them. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinions about different manufacturers goods, but the quality of the "final" installation is up to the installer. Even if you have the choicest of products to start with, if you dont know what you are doing, the end result is going to be garbage.

I dont agree that A.I.R. products are "garbage" and the parts that I have purchased from them worked out fine.

There is always some fitting issues and "cleanup" work to be performed with any kit and any type of bodywork. If you dont have the expertise to do the job, then leave it to professionals to do. But dont complain about a product because of an inability to make the product work.

My 2cents
Old 12-22-1999, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I agree with Mr. 5.
I have found AIR to have good products
with excellent service and decent prices.
The fitting is up to the individual and results vary with competence (or lack thereof).
Their catalog is a good thing to have.
JPIII

Old 12-22-1999, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

We carry all the AIR products, and I have found them to be generally well made. I have done a lot of work with fiberglass in the past, and I know first-hand that each part is different, and consistency is very hard to achieve, especially with thin parts like flares and spoliers.

Their stuff is reasonable, and looks pretty good, again, if you have it installed properly.

-Wayne
Old 01-03-2000, 12:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Early_S_Man
I bought a whale tail, RSR style, from A.I.R. about 15 years ago, and found the quality acceptable, considering the price advantage from other sources at the time. It did suffer a small, 3-4" hairline crack during shipment, easily fixed with some metal-filled epoxy, but considering the damage inflicted by the Teamsters' gorillas on the box, I was amazed the piece wasn't total scrap! The installation wasn't difficult, and the grilles fit without a hitch. And, it was hand-laid cloth back then, not chopper-gun work! All in all, no complaints on a product not avilable just anywhere!

------------------
Warren Hall
1973 911S Targa
Old 01-03-2000, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: