Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

almost sold my 74 last week

I really haven't had any time to drive or work on it in months so I took an ad out in the paper... negotiated the price down from 4k to 3200 on condition of mehcanic's approval..

mechanic said mechanically fine, but there was a bunch of rust in the front trunk so we cancelled the deal... no problem.

the ex-buyer calls me today and says he spoke with someone who wants to put a V8 in a 914 but can't find it in himself to cut apart his own beauty. So he might be interested in mine.

However, 3200 isn't going to work. I'm thinking that he won't need the engine (strong 2.0l rebuilt ~800 miles ago) and perhaps the tranny (side shift which shifts perfectly).

So, if I sell the chassis to him, what do you think I could get for the engine & tranny?

How difficult is it to sell them? I hate to take them out because it's such a good engine and tranny and the car runs great.

EDIT:
sorry, I should have noted the engine is a 2.0l, euro pistons & cylinders, dual weber 44IDF(6months old), hydraulic lifters, exhaust is Kerry Hunter headers w/Supertrapp muffler, new pushrod tube seals.

Last edited by robphelan; 07-02-2004 at 08:07 AM..
Old 07-02-2004, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rob,

If you are going to do it that way you might consider leaving the engine and tranny in until they sell. That way the buyer can drive the car and see how it runs. You will get a lot more if the buyer can test it out. My $.02. I do not have a great grasp of what a strong 2.0L is worth but my WAG is $1500- $2k for a rebuilt one running great like you say. Are you sure the buyer doesn't want the tranny? I bet he will.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

not sure if he wants it.. now that I remember, it does mate with an adapter, doesn't it?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yessir. He would have to use the 901 trans unless he is planning to spend BIG $$$ on a flipped 915 or 930 trans. If yours is in good shape I would think he'd want it. I could be wrong.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: