Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turn Signal Indicator Light Stays On

The green turn signal indicator light in the tach gauge on my '74 1.8 stays dimly light whenever the ignition is on. The turn signal lamps all work correctly and the indicator light flashes brightly with the relay when the turn signal is on, but it always glows dimly when the signal isn't on. I have no idea where to begin to diagnose the problem. Anybody else have this/fix this on their car?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-08-2005, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to auh
I would pull the tach out and pull the light and holder while the car is running to see if the light is really on or if maybe your maybe getting light from another source
Old 03-08-2005, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Chris,
I had this problem for a while as well. I replaced the turn signal relay and the problem went away.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks! I spoke with a couple of others who said the same thing regarding the flasher relay. According to George Hussey of AA, there is a diode in the flasher relay that leaks current, and keeps the indicator glowing. I've ordered the part and will keep my fingers crossed that it's fixed.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: