Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up dyno'd the V8 for my 914 yesterday

So, made it to Dynomotive yesterday and was able to dyno the 353 cube destroked SBC that I intend to put in my 914 = 420lb-ft at 5200 with 476HP at 7000 and climbing.

See the website and use the engine link if interested

http://www.geocities.com/byndbad914/

or just go straight to

http://www.geocities.com/byndbad914/engine.htm

I will post some pictures sometime soon of the finished engine on the dyno. I admittedly suck at creating good webpages, so you might need to adjust the display settings and definitely close the darn geocities popups on the right to see the site correctly.

Tim
Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Good God man! You are an over... an over... you OVERDO everything.

Neato! I had a 383/425 once. Unsorted. You should be able to compete with 5 year old sport bikes.

M

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/uploads/blog-1136350347.jpg
Old 08-14-2005, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

So I decided I should to go back to the dyno and search out the ignition timing, cam timing and jetting to work on clearing 500HP, so I made an appointment to go back the first Sat of Sept. and tune it in. Sucks to have ran out of time the first day and the dyno is booked pretty solid, so that is the next time available.

Thanks M. for the comment.. yeah, I tend to overdo stuff. I say it is some form of mild ADD, but my fiance would probably make some comment regarding personal compensation

I already know that is more engine than that car will ever need, but if it ever hooks, I expect it will recede my hairline another inch, which at this point in my life, isn't appealing at all

Old 08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: