Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
factory sway bar mounts

Hi,

I just purchased a front factory sway bar for my 71 that came without. The bar has the arms,drop links and mounting brackets. I have the fuel tank out and am ready to start making holes but wanted some opinions on the mounts. I have looked at some of the aftermarket mounting kits and am wondering if people think they are better than the factory mounts. I will be upgrading to adjustable drop links but don't know if the aftermarket mounts are an upgrade or better design than the factory mounts. Thanks to those who have "been there" responding.

Cheers, Phil
Horizontally Apposed
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
sway bar mount

Phil,

Have you seen the stuff Mark Bland makes for the 914? He offers several styles of sway bar mounts among other things.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=60168

OT, did you get hammered by the storm this week?

72 steel flared Jaguar Racing Green 2.2 liter "GT"
74 white parts car
74 yellow project car
Old 03-17-2007, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I totally agree.

Mark Bland has GREAT products that are typically better than the originals. I think I have installed one of everything that Mark makes on somebody car in the past.

NOTE: Marks over sized front chassis sway bar mounts are bigger than stock. (He makes stock and over sized ones)

You WILL need to chisel a bit of metal out of the way to make them work. It took me about an hour to cut the sheet metal to mount the oversize mounts.

Clayton

Last edited by Twystd1; 03-17-2007 at 06:10 PM..
Old 03-17-2007, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
sway mounts

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the info & links to Mark. It all looks pretty simple but I always like to hear from you folks that have done it.
I'll take some pictures and post the progress so far. I have a good friend that is a great welder that will add some metal to the a-arms while there off.
Gary we got about a foot with a few hours of freezing rain for a top coat. It was actually great timing as we had a ten kids from a school in Arkansas visiting and they got to go sledding in the front yard for a couple of hours the last two nights.

Cheers, Phil
Horizontally Apposed
Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: