Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question pad orientation

does anyone know the orientation if the pads under the gas tank, took mine out but I lost the picture.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by newestone (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello

The pads are orientatet vertical to the middle axis say the long end shows to the sides. You normaly see the old s on the body and on the fueltank if you look close.

Grüsse
Old 10-25-2001, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
DO you mean the large rubber ones or the "wool" material pads, three total..roughly 3"x6". See above for the rubber ones...just make sure the tank is fully seated before closing the hood!!!

Two go over the front roll @ the bulkhead seperating the gas tank area from the front luggage compartment...The single one goes on rear side of the opening just to the drivers side of the R&P shaft. Check to see if you can determine the location based on glue residue...I may have a picture of maind from the restoration...Scott
Old 10-25-2001, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: